Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could get 60k now for at least ten games a season. Is giving 6000 away seats an option for the bigger games once we expand. The rags, Everton, Liverpool, arsenal and spurs all used to fill the old platt lane with that many.

That would really make the atmosphere something else.
No way will we give anyone 6000, other than the requisite cup games, especially clubs that are our close rivals (either geographically or competitively).

The PL rule is 10%, or minimum 3000 whichever is lower, we won't give any more, just like none of them do for us, it won't matter as we'll sell out many games with the right pricing (as we are now). People get fixated on a few empty seats, why ? If we weren't selling them then I'd worry, if we are (and we are), and some can't be arsed to turn up, and are willing to waste their money, then who cares ? I don't, City have sold the ticket, that's all they need to do.

Its early days for the new ticket exchange, and it might become more popular, most of those I know with season cards, who always miss the odd game, still sell (or give) their ticket to a mate, or know someone with a mate who will have it.

Last edited:
Err when precisely did City fill Maine Road with 60,000 every week?

I recall when the capacity was 63,000 there were rarely more than 40,000 even in the Championship winning season. The only match to come anywhere near capacity was the Rags. 25,000 wasn't unknown and 40,000 was common. More recently in the 1990s 20,000-25,000 was near to the mark admittedly in a much reduced capacity stadium but with the old Kippax.
Don't explode the myth, we've always been able to fill 60,000 regularly.......well actually for most of our history we've managed 25,000 crowds in seasons we've been doing very well.

Our supporter numbers are the best they've ever been, and they are still growing, and that's a simple fact.

We might hold the record for an english crowd outside of a cup final (or now semi finals), but it was a one off crowd, and who knows how many fans of the other team were there that day, when prices were a pittance, there was no segregation, and travel was dirt cheap, and more regular.

Something I've just realised (sorry if already covered) When the North Stand is expanded, we will have to give more tickets to away fans...so the people who have moved into the new singing area will have to move out? Is that correct or is the away end already at the 3000 max?

Something I've just realised (sorry if already covered) When the North Stand is expanded, we will have to give more tickets to away fans...so the people who have moved into the new singing area will have to move out? Is that correct or is the away end already at the 3000 max?
The PL rule as far as I can see it, is 10% of capacity, or a minimum of 3000 tickets whichever is the lower. So no we won't have to go beyond 3000, just like united and arsenal don't.

The exception is cup games, where the FA and FL stipulate minimum 10% (5% in CL I believe).

The PL rule as far as I can see it, is 10% of capacity, or a minimum of 3000 tickets whichever is the lower. So no we won't have to go beyond 3000, just like united and arsenal don't.

The exception is cup games, where the FA and FL stipulate minimum 10% (5% in CL I believe).
Thanks. That's good news
Are we already at 3000? I always thought our away end (pre expansion) held 2700, so less than both 10% and 3000

Thanks. That's good news
Are we already at 3000? I always thought our away end (pre expansion) held 2700, so less than both 10% and 3000
I think we are, other than a few clubs where we (our the police) determine that our segregation area is the limit, and we need extra segregation (same as ot, where we get 2850 if I remember right, so about 4% capacity).

UCFB launches new campus at Etihad Stadium

UCFB, a world first in higher education delivering university degrees in the football, sport and leisure industries inside the iconic Wembley Stadium and Burnley’s historic Turf Moor, is marking a significant step in its growth with the launch of its third campus at the Etihad Stadium in Manchester.
More here: http://ucfb.com/ucfb-news/ucfb-launches-new-campus-at-etihad-stadium/

UCFB launches new campus at Etihad Stadium

UCFB, a world first in higher education delivering university degrees in the football, sport and leisure industries inside the iconic Wembley Stadium and Burnley’s historic Turf Moor, is marking a significant step in its growth with the launch of its third campus at the Etihad Stadium in Manchester.
More here: http://ucfb.com/ucfb-news/ucfb-launches-new-campus-at-etihad-stadium/

Good find Petrusha.
Any thoughts about the Chinese visit to the Etihad tomorrow (collar site investment wise). Possible both 'Dave and Gid' will be there so presumably some kind of announcement will be made?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.