Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's about a fanzone village with huge beer tent like Oktoberfest whilst North Stand is redeveloped?

Yea this would be ideal, an indoor gigantic City Square experience, keeping us warm as say tonight it's scheduled to rain, so I can see the numbers of people who would want to be in City Square falling due to poor weather.

I remember the setup they had at the Ajax/Amsterdam Arena when we played there a few years ago, this for me somewhat matched the setup we have at City these days.

568px-Amsterdam_Arena_Aerial.jpg

I say f*ck it.... giant skyscraper, biggest in the world. Just because we can.

The council would let us build a giant turd statue there after all the good HHSM has done for the city!

I say f*ck it.... giant skyscraper, biggest in the world. Just because we can.

The council would let us build a giant turd statue there after all the good HHSM has done for the city!

They wouldn't I don't think. They are conscious of not allowing huge buildings in residential areas.

They wouldn't I don't think. They are conscious of not allowing huge buildings in residential areas.

The City Centre is fast becoming a residential area with huge buildings set to dominate (especially the St. Johns quarter)...but yes, I wouldn't expect anything huge around around the Etihad. Then again the Etihad is a huge building (and getting more 'hugerer'). So I don't simply haven't a clue!
Along with some kind of leisure development (still 'god knows what') I suspect a iconic hotel to be on the plot somewhere. And a roof.
C'mon Tolm...oil this thread up a bit!

I don't see the point in building a skyscraper there. There's plenty of ground space to build a good size hotel of high quality without needing to go up and up and up. I can't see the owners plowing money into one in that location, there's not currently enough around there for the views to be noteworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.