Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the energy problems.. Through a friend of a friend I know about one company that was unsuccessful in the final tender process. Don't know who finally got it, but the fact someone didn't would suggest a deal has been done. So fingers crossed for some news soon.

So does this mean actual work ie knocking stuff down & building, like we saw last season, would start after the Stone Deaf's gigs ?

Yes - would expect they will be slightly faster this time with the project as they will have learnt significantly on phase 1.

I hope it's true, the south stand looks top but if as rumoured the north stand expansion makes it one tier, it would surpass it IMO. It would absolutely dwarf the pitch.

The Etihad would still offer around 14,000 fewer seats than Old Trafford, but the club harbour long-term hopes of expanding both the east and west stands to dramatically increase the former athletics arena’s capacity.

Say this happened, would our ground be bigger than the swamp? :D

I hope it's true, the south stand looks top but if as rumoured the north stand expansion makes it one tier, it would surpass it IMO. It would absolutely dwarf the pitch.

Say this happened, would our ground be bigger than the swamp? :D

They can make it bigger - once the roof is off the East and West - the catenary system is not in the way so the south stand 3rd tier can actually be expanded so it is wider. Our ground has the potential to hold low 80,000s I am told if fully developed.

They can make it bigger - once the roof is off the East and West - the catenary system is not in the way so the south stand 3rd tier can actually be expanded so it is wider. Our ground has the potential to hold low 80,000s I am told if fully developed.

Fucking hell, cheers for that info. We aren't so ickle anymore..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.