Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pleasing news. Once the North Stand is done the ground will look even and 62k seats means we can hopefully knock out cheap tickets in the third tiers as well - get bums on seats and capture a generation of fans replacing those lost by Swales and the clubs mismanagement from the late 70s until 2008.

As for whether itll be full every week - who gives a stuff? Barca isn't full every week, neither is Real, neither is AC or Inter; the fact that some seem obsessed with our attendances shows how desperate they have become.

Enabling works shouldn't affect attendance as I'm pretty sure it's just stuff outside the ground to enable work to commence whenever it is due to without delay. So may prepare a bit of foundation work etc. so there may be boards up around the entrances to NS and they did with SS, maybe even a bit in the concourse but doubt we will see anything affecting the seating with enabling works.

Is it me or could we do with dropping the pitch down a meter or so to improve the view in the lower tier or would that affect the upper tiers? Just seems an easy way to improve the feel of the place!

Is it me or could we do with dropping the pitch down a meter or so to improve the view in the lower tier or would that affect the upper tiers? Just seems an easy way to improve the feel of the place!
I think it's something like 10m below ground level already and dropping it further would interfere with the water table making the ground waterlogged, I seem to remember

They can make it bigger - once the roof is off the East and West - the catenary system is not in the way so the south stand 3rd tier can actually be expanded so it is wider. Our ground has the potential to hold low 80,000s I am told if fully developed.
So was I, mate, and by construction professionals from our glorious city.
80k+ is apparently possible and fits in with the original ADUG goal of being bigger than OT. Time will tell.

After the proposed work is completed on the north stand is there really a need to increase the size of the stadium on the east and west side further? Still don't understand the obsession with being bigger than Old Trafford. Surely the club focus needs to be on the development of the area around the stadium especially if the owners are hoping to make East Manchester a seven day a week tourist attraction...

Piece in today's Guardian about UAE's relationship with the UK over the Muslim Brotherhood's presence in the UK. Posting this in here as the Guardian claims to have seen documents where, amongst other things (trade, military cooperation etc) inward investment to the UK may have been at risk if Cameron failed to act. As we are beneficiaries of some of that inward investment, it's worth a read.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...down-on-muslim-brotherhood-or-lose-arms-deals

Piece in today's Guardian about UAE's relationship with the UK over the Muslim Brotherhood's presence in the UK. Posting this in here as the Guardian claims to have seen documents where, amongst other things (trade, military cooperation etc) inward investment to the UK may have been at risk if Cameron failed to act. As we are beneficiaries of some of that inward investment, it's worth a read.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...down-on-muslim-brotherhood-or-lose-arms-deals

8 pages on this in Off Topic

I think it's something like 10m below ground level already and dropping it further would interfere with the water table making the ground waterlogged, I seem to remember
I doubt the water table is anywhere near as the ground is on a hill. I think there's a lot of piping and wiring under the pitch though so if they lowered it, all that would be have to relaid. I think I've read something to that effect on here before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.