Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we have our Etihad campus stadium and collar site development thread back please and dump the roses in the roses thread please

Drove past today and they were doing more work on the cladding. Laing cabins still on site!

One thing I've noticed when visiting Barcelona and Seville(still here) are the area's around both stadiums, which are very built up with Housing, Hotels, Bars, Restaurants, etc. Visit the Etihad and there isn't much to see or to do around the stadium. Even for us it's just a few pubs scattered around the area. This is where ADUG and City can make a real (financial) difference (killing) in the future. A leisure destination of national and international significance as planned, along with Bars, Restaurants, Hotels, a Conference Centre, an Indoor Arena, other leisure attractions, and affordable housing(apartment blocks/towers), will bring the whole area around the stadium to life. It will become a must visit and must stay destination in it's own right, situated on the doorstep of the city centre, and within easy reach of it via Metrolink and Public Transport.

Last edited:
^^ With those 55 thousand homes planned it's a 'No B*****r'.
Apollo Leisure were involved at one stage, butvhesrc nothing since.

Wonder if they can drag an NFL game up here (heard earlier they're planning on bringing more games over including games at Tottenham's new ground). Not a huge fan (I had a dodgy looking Redskins jacket as a kid) but good publicity/tourism.

One thing I've noticed when visiting Barcelona and Seville(still here) are the area's around both stadiums, which are very built up with Housing, Hotels, Bars, Restaurants, etc. Visit the Etihad and there isn't much to see or to do around the stadium. Even for us it's just a few pubs scattered around the area. This is where ADUG and City can make a real (financial) difference (killing) in the future. A leisure destination of national and international significance as planned, along with Bars, Restaurants, Hotels, a Conference Centre, an Indoor Arena, other leisure attractions, and affordable housing(apartment blocks/towers), will bring the whole area around the stadium to life. It will become a must visit and must stay destination in it's own right, situated on the doorstep of the city centre, and within easy reach of it via Metrolink and Public Transport.

Same has happened around Wembley. Shops, malls, hotels, restaurants, apartment blocks. Seems to make sense that this is the way the collar site will go too

Fuck the Stone Roses, there was talk of a nunnery that was open to men; what's the address?
I actually live right next door to a Nunnery (true), has the advantage of being very quite during the day. The sounds of sexual frustration at night can be a bit disturbing mind.

I actually live right next door to a Nunnery (true), has the advantage of being very quite during the day. The sounds of sexual frustration at night can be a bit disturbing mind.

I suppose the ''candles out ladies please'' order is something that you look forward to.

I seem to remember a year or so back that City collar site was short on electric power that would be sufficient for a Hotel,etc.Has this problem been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.