Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are there people sat in other parts of the ground? Thought the idea was to test Level 3 why are they not in there filling Level 3 up?

They had people in Level 2 of the East & West stands to test the facilities & evacuation process for the Aguero 93:20 areas and also Level 2 for the South stand to test the Legends Lounge facilities too.

So have the other two stands' 3rd tiers just not been finished because of lack of time? Doesn't seem right as they just need a few seats nailing in.

looks like they've concentrated on the CB stand 3 rows for the Chelsea game which makes sense as there are more seats in this section

From the OS gallery.

"We were on hand to get the best pictures from Wednesday night's safety test event at the Etihad. While there will be an additional six weeks of detailed finishing and systems proofing..."

They had people in Level 2 of the East & West stands to test the facilities & evacuation process for the Aguero 93:20 areas and also Level 2 for the South stand to test the Legends Lounge facilities too.
They certainly did and the Aguero 93:20 area was most excellent, very civilised, no stress, plenty of barstaff and for one night only discounted beer and food.
Had some mates in Legends and they also said it was excellent

Pictures to follow...

I took a couple tonight...
CMOddCnWoAAJCwL.jpg
this was taken from Row Z 318

CMOevd1XAAE9LsN.jpg
this from the top of the stand...

CMPWR7gW8AEZ66V.jpg
A view from the side of the stand

I have to say it feels awesome being up there and the sound already bounces back in and sounds louder, with everyon esunging it'll be incredible, Sunday is gonna be one hell of a day

Last edited:
Those of you who have moved to the new tier have done very well out of it. Believe me. Apart from the large concourses, new catering facilities, larger toilets, the most impressive bits are the view, and the amount of leg room.(amazing!) I don't often swear on here, but you lucky f***er's!

Enjoy one of the best tiers in European football! :-)
Totally agree, great legroom and seat width, struggle to think of better at any ground I have been to

The test was a sucess... http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2015/August/Open-training-test-event-result/1438113413
We did it!

On behalf of all the staff and players at Manchester City, thank you for your support if you attended last night’s Open Training session.

We are pleased to announce that the test event was a complete success.

All supporters are able to remain in their Seasoncard seats for our first home game of the season against Chelsea, which kicks off at 4pm this Sunday.

All funds raised have been donated to City in the Community’s ‘One City’ Disability Programme. The total raised was £15,000 and enables the foundation to purchase 4 powerchairs.

Mike Green, Head of City in the Community, said:

“City in the Community’s ‘One City’ Disability Programme is one of our most fascinating projects. The Open Training session was an ideal opportunity to not only raise awareness for the programme, but to actively involve supporters in the project.”

“The generosity shown by Manchester City fans is overwhelming and without this we would not be able to give as many young people the opportunity to play football. On behalf of the foundation, thank you!”

The success of this event was also crucial in allowing us to release tickets to supporters that were placed on the Chelsea Waiting List. We are pleased to announce that those on the waiting list can now select a seat for the match, subject to availability.

You can select your seat from [time]am/pm on Thursday 13 August, in one of three easy ways:

• Online at mcfc.co.uk/tickets; simply log in to your online account, select MCFC v Chelsea. Choose from any available seat and upon completion, redeem the credit in your e-purse.
  • Call +44 (01)161 444 1894 (option 1, option 1); 24-hours (booking fee paid upfront)
  • In person at the Stadium Ticket Office located on the first floor of the City Store

Supporters are advised that though the construction and fit out of the newly expanded South Stand are complete and the safety certificate awarded, over the next few weeks light aesthetic finishing work will be carried out to further enhance your matchday experience. These works will be minimal and we thank you in advance for your patience.

See you on Sunday!

We should have the largest attendance of any ground in England this weekend then... I believe the rags, arsenal and newcastle are all away from home this weekend (we may be above Newcastle anyway now but unsure as to official capacity with segregation and additional seats at pitch level. 54,500 approx perhaps. Should be level with Arsenal when north stand is complete.

Still appeared to be a few cosmetic things that need sorting out e.g yellow tape on the leading edges of the stairs going up to block 315 in Level 3 from entrance M1 where I went in. Presumably these will be painted in due course. Also looked to me like a few more panels need to go into the stairwells towards the exterior of the stand to fully segregate the home & away fans. Food & drinks queues were ok early on but we're rammed at half-time so no change there!

Despite the repeated requests throughout by Danny & Nat asking people to remain in their seats in Level 3 at the end of the training session for 5 minutes until being told to leave as part of the test evacuation process plenty left before which pissed me off a bit.The evacuation seemed to go ok though from what I could see though so fingers crossed they get a safety certificate pass. I'm sure there would have been teething problems with a few things but I didn't hear or see anything of note.

If you're in block 315, row D seat 388 you've got a great seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.