Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Not necessarily so.

The match day issue is more about organisation than investment particularly post match.

The numbers leaving the stadium and using the Metro are reasonably predictable after 10 years of operation.

Man has walked on the moon ....so why isn't it possible to run enough correctly sized trams for 1post match hour to city centre locations 3/4 miles away ?

To attempt to find excuses for this lamentable state of affairs is frankly pathetic.

Most informed people understand that the investment issue is now more difficult than it would've been at the outset but CITY are now responsible for generating £ MILLIONS £ for the Manchester economy that wasn't the case when Metro was first scoped.

The club will have had/will be having pragmatic discussions with Metro/Council about all issues, particularly with the Arena emerging and a capacity increase coming.

Perhaps we should be like the French and take direct action and randomly block the network, cos the status quo is not acceptable !!
Spot-on. Lots of out of town German stadiums work wonders with shuttle bus services. bus lanes, and even large taxi ranks. The situation at our stadium for transport is pathetic but it's hardly unique when you look at the laughable state of our country's infrastructure.

Following on from my post regarding the hotel , today I had a meeting regarding the electrical infrastructure which I’m hopefully going to get the order for late Feb/ March next year and the details were described but not actually shown as apparently they are under NDA .
The aerial view of the stand will be similar but will have a 3rd tier but the hotel isn’t built in the stand as I thought , as you approach the ground from the main car parks the shop goes as we all know but there will be 2 wings basically sticking out from the ground on an angle , one housing a conference centre and the other a hotel .
I’m told the new shop location isn’t completely know as City haven’t acquired the Mercedes dealership land ( at the moment ) .
I’ll post more as I find out .

Thanks for the snippets.

Apologies if what you’ve posted already answers my question? Just want to clarify what you’ve posted.

Are you saying the NS expansion will be another tier, making it 3 tiers, similar to the South stand? Not a larger double tier stand, that has been mentioned?

Last edited:

Loving the idea.

‘live information with digital signage on the concourse screens to provide fans with real-time data, helping to direct them to the shortest queue’

“Right everyone, over to that shortest queue”. “Charge!”

A great idea, but in reality moat of the queues are just as long. As a rule people tend to stay in the queue they’re already in. Having people chopping and changing queues via data on the screens will makes things worse, add to the confusion, and possible frayed tempers.

The secret is more people serving, organised service, and better service.

TBF the service has improved a lot on level 1. Getting a beer and food is much quicker than last season.

It doesn’t help when taxis/black cabs are waiting close to the ground after the match and doing u-turns after picking small numbers of City fans when 1000’s of City fans are walking back into town. MCC need to put a stop to this.

I’ve said this on numerous occasions. MCC, TFGM, City/City Football Group, Silver Lake need to invest in a fleet of electric buses. The initial costs can be covered by all 4 groups and a sponsor. I’m sure the ethical Co-op would sponsor the electric buses, which could also be used for the Co-op Live Arena events. As with the current diesel buses which transport City fans backk into town after the matches, there should be a small charge to and from the ground to subside the buses and pay the drivers, even if it’s just £1 each way. The area around Mayfield depot, close to Piccadilly Station, would make an ideal pickup and drop off point.

Thanks for the snippets.

Apologies if what you’ve posted already answers my question? Just want to clarify what you’ve posted.

Are you saying the NS expansion will be another tier, making it 3 tiers, similar to the South stand? Not a larger double tier stand, that has been mentioned?
Sorry when I say 3rd tier I’m just meaning extension, as for the exact stand layout details I haven’t a clue at this stage .
Should I find out I’ll post

It doesn’t help when taxis/black cabs are waiting close to the ground after the match and doing u-turns after picking small numbers of City fans when 1000’s of City fans are walking back into town. MCC need to put a stop to this.

I’ve said this on numerous occasions. MCC, TFGM, City/City Football Group, Silver Lake need to invest in a fleet of electric buses. The initial costs can be covered by all 4 groups and a sponsor. I’m sure the ethical Co-op would sponsor the electric buses, which could also be used for the Co-op Live Arena events. As with the current diesel buses which transport City fans backk into town after the matches, there should be a small charge to and from the ground to subside the buses and pay the drivers, even if it’s just £1 each way. The area around Mayfield depot, close to Piccadilly Station, would make an ideal pickup and drop off point.
Imagine trying to get a pint in the Bulls head if that happened, carnage would ensue :-)

Great idea, but I would have the service completely free, too much hassle and time having to pay a driver, with the prices of tickets for all the events in that area, the promoters can afford the costs.

And if that was to happen taking a car near the event would be a complete no no, park and ride facilities way away from the venues is the future.

Loving the idea.

‘live information with digital signage on the concourse screens to provide fans with real-time data, helping to direct them to the shortest queue’

A great idea, but in reality moat of the queues are just as long. As a rule people tend to stay in the queue they’re already in. Having people chopping and changing queues via data on the screens will makes things worse, add to the confusion, and possible frayed tempers.

TBF the service has improved a lot on level 1. Getting a beer and food is much quicker than last season.
It's aimed more at the people heading for the concourses to try and manage the flow of folk, rather than people already queuing I'd have thought. I can't see it causing more problems at the least.

Clint Boon just tweeted

"I’m involved with something very special happening tonight in Manchester. Join me on here from 7.30pm to see what it’s all about xxx "

Attaching a link to the Co-op Live twitter account.

Loving the idea.

CB3 has been awful this season , worse its been for a long time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.