Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

It really didn’t make sense to take out all these seats at the front of level 1, so bigger digital advertising boards could be installed.

What’s more important, additional revenue from bigger and cleaner advertising boards, or giving 1000+ more City fans the opportunity to watch City And Haaland?

Note: The terraces are still there. The seats could be put back in at any time!! This should be a priority for City next season, and until the North stand expansion is finished. If they want to, ity could take the L1 seats out again and reinstall the bigger digital advertising boards.
I would imagine the club make a fortune from the LED boards, probably considerably more than bums on seats.

I would imagine the club make a fortune from the LED boards, probably considerably more than bums on seats.

Per match?

Was it circa 1200 seats taken out? Stand corrected.

Times that by what City are charging now for match day tickets.

The digital boards were there before, albeit smaller. So sponsors and advertisers are paying more now because the boards are bigger and brighter?

If they're going to do it (I'm not ITK, it's just a hope from me) then yes, I can't really see them not doing both at the same time which complicates things.

The roof support from the steelworks inside of the spirals supports the front edge of the stand. The back will be on steelwork that goes down vertical I think. There's no reason I can see to stop them doing what they did with the South stand and put new vertical steelwork either along the centre point of the spirals to support the back of the new stand and having the new exterior only half enveloping the spirals, or just make it bigger and enveloping the spirals entirely. The steelwork could still be used for the cable supporting the front lip of the roof.

I'm envisioning the exterior lip of the South stand sweeping round to make it a bowl shape again. There still looks to be enough space with the existing E & W steelwork leaning back for a lot of leeway.

It won't just be a 'few rows' either as the seats can be extended sideways to more or less meet up with the N & S tiers (I can't recall what figures were being bandied about). There'll be all the extra concourse space for additional corporate and fan food & drink outlets as well.

View attachment 64731
Not saying it’s not feasible but costs and implications are prohibitive
Costs in the region of £200m
Timescale probably 18 months to 2 years with the stadium shut for a season
Just the removal of the cablenet would a huge job and would need to carried out inside the bowl

Per match?

Was it circa 1200 seats taken out? Stand corrected.

Times that by what City are charging now for match day tickets.

The digital boards were there before, albeit smaller. So sponsors and advertisers are paying more now because the boards are bigger and brighter?
1,100 I think although they won't have all been match day tickets obviously as for some reason, some people like to get pissed wet through :)

They've doubled the Ad revenue more or less as they can run different Ads on the two levels or charge more for the double height.

There was a render a good while back showing the spirals semi-countersunk into the e/s-cbs...if it was any way official it may save 50 pages of cablenet for 10 seats chatalot a sixpence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.