Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Having a look through the CGI mock ups on there and found this image... appears to be an athletics track mocked up in the stadium but with the new extended stand on it... don't think it'd even be feasibly possible but an interesting image

S04_Etihad_full_gamesz.jpg
Is that not one of the Etihad (before it was called the Etihad) proposals before we dug down and ditched the track? Seb Coe got very upset about that which was a silver lining.

Is that not one of the Etihad (before it was called the Etihad) proposals before we dug down and ditched the track? Seb Coe got very upset about that which was a silver lining.
fully could be, was just something i'd not seen in a while, looking at the design of the roofing it aligns with the new roofing... either way it annoyed Seb Coe so thats a positive

Having a look through the CGI mock ups on there and found this image... appears to be an athletics track mocked up in the stadium but with the new extended stand on it... don't think it'd even be feasibly possible but an interesting image

S04_Etihad_full_gamesz.jpg
I vaguely remember this before we moved from Maine Road, it was concept of or a home end before the then City of Manchester Stadium was built if my memory serves me correctly !

City are very keen to recognise, in perpetuity, the unique achievement of 100 points by naming the North Stand ...
THE CENTURION.
It is felt within the club that they failed to market the record breaking achievement effectively enough and that, as a consequence, it fails to get the recognition and respect it richly deserves.

The club believes,rightly imo,that the name will be used by broadcasters, media and supporters in a manner that will perpetuate the achievement, and generate a lasting legacy to the finest team in PL history.

It gets my vote.

City are very keen to recognise, in perpetuity, the unique achievement of 100 points by naming the North Stand ...
THE CENTURION.
It is felt within the club that they failed to market the record breaking achievement effectively enough and that, as a consequence, it fails to get the recognition and respect it richly deserves.

The club believes,rightly imo,that the name will be used by broadcasters, media and supporters in a manner that will perpetuate the achievement, and generate a lasting legacy to the finest team in PL history.

It gets my vote.
I thought you said it was being called the Great Northern end?

Only because the first tier was built but covered with the running track for the games ! The first tier is actually below ground level !
It was the first question at the exhibition with the architects. If the pitch is below ground level, how high is the water table? (That was actually a problem in Manchester as it had risen with fewer industries extracting water from bgl.) The next question to the Australian architect was "Do you realise that rain will blow in under that roof?"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.