Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Looks fantastic. I can hear the new chant now:-

" City! City!
The greatest football stand in all the world."

I hope I get to experience it for real - at 65, you never know what's around the corner/how much longer you've got, but, I don't think they'll be any further, major, development "in my lifetime."
And, on that note, I wonder what Fergie think's of our progress? All of this has happened in his lifetime. Can we have some early jelly and ice cream, to celebrate?

It's another exciting time to be a City fan and this investments takes our pre/post match fan facilities to a new level.

My only concerns are about

Increased capacity and the effect on transport, it adds to an already nightmarish scenario where we are at home the same night as a gig at the new arena with 83,000 plus trying to get away on a single track metrolink line.

Sound. Is that roof and will it allow sound to just seep away due to the height, thus rendering the crowd noise generated by the enlarged second tier to be no better than now?

Hopefully the new Arena facilities will be open before they start knocking down City Square.

Viewed a bigger version on my laptop.

- They're keeping the original corner construction and therefore we won't be stuck with dodgy looking 'temporary' corners as with the South Stand.
- Everyone is stood up in the new 2nd tier.
- The existing level 2 corners are also standing.
- The very end blocks of the new upper section are slightly raised and there's a small gap underneath - possibly where the cable net will feed through the stand.
- The sky bar has 3 small video screens facing it.
- I'm not sure where the majority of the cable net feeds through the stand. With the South Stand it feeds through between the top of the stand and the roof. Perhaps we're building this extension at an angle where it goes over the top?
- It looks like the extension is attached to the current 2nd tier and that it isn't a new 2nd tier entirely i.e. the old one ripped out with a completely new 2nd tier in place.

Most definitely. At least it's above the main part of the stand.
I wouldnt be surprised if it ends up part of the stand. There is no gap on the dwg i've seen. Hopefully the CGI is correct and they've taken on board the fans opinions that it should be a fans end - albeit with hospitality just above.

Just needs the player club / lounge seats to be elsewhwere too now.

Are you entertained? Why have we not got a full blue moon in the sky?
looks a magnificent stand and looking at the corner it’s ready made for the mainstand to be increased but not in my lifetime unfortunately.

They’ve still got City hats on in ES1 corner…away fans staying where they are, love of a bit of CGI detective work, but preferred working off the drawings :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.