Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Hopefully with planning app gone in we see more visuals from ground level. It does look imposing but for me the architecture is jarring to the original stadium. Especially the junction from original stadium to the new stand. Its obviously going to be a great place to be internally but not over keen on the external look. Hopefully a full wraparound of the stadium is on the cards at some point in the future.

Maybe I am being picky as the overall majority on here seem to love the look of it.
You’ll love the wrap Mr Picky

Along with the proposed hotel and 3000 capacity plaza. That would have sealed the win. 4 years too late.

TBF, Liverpool must have run a very good pitch, not only to beat the other cities, but to beat Glasgow as well. The Liverpool Waterfront is a great setting. Having Manchester Airport on Liverpool's doorstep also helped their bid. Not to mention the 1000's of additional hotel rooms in Manchester that will be booked up. Manchester will benefit from Liverpool getting the Eurovision Song contest.
Our development is strategically timed for the Euro’s and hey bingo,

Clear and obvious

very true.
Even them morons who are official presenters of West ham and do some cheesy podcasts are at it.

Need to find a way to mute all the shite on social media, I deleted everything a while back
They’ve got some front, all I saw was white seats when they played the Arse at their cricket ground

Commercially and functionally very exciting...though it doesn’t quite do it for me aesthetically. The design language of this extension is quite jarring against the clean lines, curves and symmetry of the original stadium structure.

Commercially and functionally very exciting...though it doesn’t quite do it for me aesthetically. The design language of this extension is quite jarring against the clean lines, curves and symmetry of the original stadium structure.

Maybe it’s part of a bigger future development that will be more aesthetically coherent.

This rules out the stadium getting rebuilt in the next century but they might reskin it like the Bernebeu to update the exterior from the early 2000s design.

That full top tier doing an immense Poznan will be very aesthetically pleasing.
Can't wait to see it/be part of it.
I haven't been this excited since I saw the design for the new scoreboard end at Maine Road back in the 70's. That was City - getting our first 'Cantilever' stand. We've come a long way - but, the hard way.
Would I change any of it?
You bet I fuckin' would!
:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.