Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Commercially and functionally very exciting...though it doesn’t quite do it for me aesthetically. The design language of this extension is quite jarring against the clean lines, curves and symmetry of the original stadium structure.
Maybe there is a plan for this with the stadium being expanded to add a skin like what Madrid and Bayern have done

That full top tier doing an immense Poznan will be very aesthetically pleasing.
Can't wait to see it/be part of it.
I haven't been this excited since I saw the design for the new scoreboard end at Maine Road back in the 70's. That was City - getting our first 'Cantilever' stand. We've come a long way - but, the hard way.
Would I change any of it?
You bet I fuckin' would!
:-)
Yes a Poznan in the new stand will look EPIC !!!

Commercially and functionally very exciting...though it doesn’t quite do it for me aesthetically. The design language of this extension is quite jarring against the clean lines, curves and symmetry of the original stadium structure.
I don’t mind the Stadium expansion but the other stuff (hotel etc)…..

Agree totally it looks like it should be bolted on to a diffent stadium…sort of boxy.

I love what Real Madrid have done as a comparison.

Obviously it will be miles better than the vast majority of other grounds but doesn’t look futuristic like RM…it looks dated before it’s built.

Sorry. I wanted to love it honestly! Perhaps it will look different in reality.

Agree totally it looks like it should be bolted on to a diffent stadium…sort of boxy.

Obviously it will be miles better than the vast majority of other grounds but doesn’t look futuristic like RM…it looks dated before it’s built.

"Sack the Board, Sack The Board, Sack The Board".......................... :-)

But Madrid had a better starting point already with their stadium mate? It’s been widely reported that ADUG wanted to demolish the Etihad and build a brand new one but due to how the stadium was initially constructed using public money that they had to tread carefully? I think as well in years to come the whole stadium will be renovated and encapsulated by maybe more hotels surrounded by an exterior wrap or something but it’s soooooooo expensive as it already is? Wasn’t the south stand something like £70m to add the 3rd tier alone?! This is another £300-400m on something they don’t even own? The owner is also investing in the new arena which will be another few hundred million which will take YEARS to get a return on.

But Madrid had a better starting point already with their stadium mate? It’s been widely reported that ADUG wanted to demolish the Etihad and build a brand new one but due to how the stadium was initially constructed using public money that they had to tread carefully? I think as well in years to come the whole stadium will be renovated and encapsulated by maybe more hotels surrounded by an exterior wrap or something but it’s soooooooo expensive as it already is? Wasn’t the south stand something like £70m to add the 3rd tier alone?! This is another £300-400m on something they don’t even own? The owner is also investing in the new arena which will be another few hundred million which will take YEARS to get a return on.

Sheikh Mansour is in it for the long-term. He doesn’t get ‘bored’ easily. ;-)

That full top tier doing an immense Poznan will be very aesthetically pleasing.
Can't wait to see it/be part of it.
I haven't been this excited since I saw the design for the new scoreboard end at Maine Road back in the 70's. That was City - getting our first 'Cantilever' stand. We've come a long way - but, the hard way.
Would I change any of it?
You bet I fuckin' would!
:-)
I wouldnt change the journey ;) another convo for another thread

The CGI are pretty basic. Im sure once we see the plans and drawings and obviously the real thing it will look so much better and balanced than it does at the moment, at least I hope so

They’ve got some front, all I saw was white seats when they played the Arse at their cricket ground
Even the tiers doesn't face the pitch what a bog hole of a stadium full of scaffolding and sheeting to make look half decent but it doesn't ! For me it looks like an big athletic stadium made to.look like a football ground ! Oh wait a minute !!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.