Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

So let me get my head around this crap.

The plan is to turn the Etihad exterior into a Garden centre just after they have spent 300m on the Hotel and new stand. But then they are gonna knock down the stadium and the Academy complex and build a new stadium on the site of the Academy and rebuild the Academy complex somewhere else !!!

Genius !!!

Complete bollocks of course. Can’t work out if you are mentalist or like having a wind up.

More chance of log flume, cheetah racing and rockets to Piccadilly than this tripe you suggest.
The building of the new stadium will be in 2060, I believe ?

The only nonsense in plain sight here I’d you inability to understand the owners long term plans and ambitions.

Perhaps you’d be more comfortable returning to the days of Swales and Halford Limited !!
Those were the days we became the most loyal fans this country has seen, and every other club knows it. In the face of adversity is where your true character comes out, not when its all going great.

The owner wants to build the very finest stadium in the world ‘ in his own name ‘,the current stadium was always considered to be ‘medium term temporary’ and a new one was planned from the outset.

The CFA is a huge footprint, much bigger than the Etihad Campus, more land is being bought around both locations.

The biggest long term attraction to the owners wasn’t the stadium, it was the availability of large ares of cheap land with common boundaries.

Relocating and building the CFA whilst continuing to use The Etihad is child’s play in relative terms. If you have seen the creation and development of the Islands off Abu Dhabi mainland you’ll understand.

The wrap is agreed. Completing the final elevations of the W & E stands post construction will take seven working days. The Spungen Moss is cultivated off site,the infrastructure pre fabricated and erected on sight.

Oh ye of little faith,cast the scales from thy eyes, for ignorance is not bliss !!
Leaving side the chances of someone with this knowledge posting on here.

There is a lot to digest and some stuff that might be right but does not make sense.

Other supposed insiders have mentioned new Stadium being built but have since said it won’t happen.

Would be amazing if it did but then what happens to the old one especially as we have an arena. It’s not like other club could take it it’s too big. No way is it getting expanded and then knocked down.

You still have not really said where the new stadium would go. You say on the CFA but the CFA is in use and some have said not big enough your own posts says we want to buy land around it for expansion this implies the new stadium will go not on the CFA site at least not as it currently is. I would use the Etihad campus term for the whole area both CFA and around the stadium. So by definition the CFA cannot be bigger than the campus.

I don’t see how or why you would wrap the stadium before it’s completed as you will have to get rid of it to expand the sides and then re wrap it we know the owners are actually rather frugal un like the media would have us believe they could have built new stadium or expanded years ago and waited for the fan base to grow instead they saved the money and waited for the demand to be there.

It’s not tens of £millions£ !!

It is - trust me it is. I was QS on the cladding originally on the stadium and even the vile grey cladding covered over with banners cost tens of millions nearly 25 years ago. To reclad the stadium now would be a huge undertaking and would obsoletely costs tens of millions. I am guessing you are a teenager. The club have no intention of a new stadium in the next 30 years so why say it?

Last edited:
The owner wants to build the very finest stadium in the world ‘ in his own name ‘,the current stadium was always considered to be ‘medium term temporary’ and a new one was planned from the outset.

The CFA is a huge footprint, much bigger than the Etihad Campus, more land is being bought around both locations.

The biggest long term attraction to the owners wasn’t the stadium, it was the availability of large ares of cheap land with common boundaries.

Relocating and building the CFA whilst continuing to use The Etihad is child’s play in relative terms. If you have seen the creation and development of the Islands off Abu Dhabi mainland you’ll understand.

The wrap is agreed. Completing the final elevations of the W & E stands post construction will take seven working days. The Spungen Moss is cultivated off site,the infrastructure pre fabricated and erected on sight.

Oh ye of little faith,cast the scales from thy eyes, for ignorance is not bliss !!
Maybe when they first took over but not now.

Too much time and money has gone into the stadium and training ground.

So let me get my head around this crap.

The plan is to turn the Etihad exterior into a Garden centre just after they have spent 300m on the Hotel and new stand. But then they are gonna knock down the stadium and the Academy complex and build a new stadium on the site of the Academy and rebuild the Academy complex somewhere else !!!

Genius !!!

Complete bollocks of course. Can’t work out if you are mentalist or like having a wind up.

More chance of log flume, cheetah racing and rockets to Piccadilly than this tripe you suggest.
Prefer camel racing

The only nonsense in plain sight here I’d you inability to understand the owners long term plans and ambitions.

Perhaps you’d be more comfortable returning to the days of Swales and Halford Limited !!
So you maintain the wrap will start in 3 years after conclusion of the NS? Even though it will cost the club far more money, time and added disruption?

You've referred to it a couple of times as Spungen Moss, unless it's a joke about Nancy don't you mean Sphagnum Moss?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.