Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

That’s great… but where were those extra 50,000 or so for West Ham last Wednesday or Leeds on Saturday when there was still 100s left before the game!
This is why I’m still annoyed that I didn’t get a Madrid ticket!
Returns from season ticket holders who couldn’t make the new date

Prefer camel racing
Ask nicely and you never know.

There was a chap riding a camel up Joe Mercer Way for the Chav game after the takeover.

Anything and everything is possible with HH SHEIKH MANSOUR. who would’ve thought we’d be where we are now 20 years ago ??

Oh ye of little faith, shall thee not showeth some faith !!

So let me get my head around this crap.

The plan is to turn the Etihad exterior into a Garden centre just after they have spent 300m on the Hotel and new stand. But then they are gonna knock down the stadium and the Academy complex and build a new stadium on the site of the Academy and rebuild the Academy complex somewhere else !!!

Genius !!!

Complete bollocks of course. Can’t work out if you are mentalist or like having a wind up.

More chance of log flume, cheetah racing and rockets to Piccadilly than this tripe you suggest.
Have you got yer ‘ead out of yer crap yet ?

To those that know it’s referred to as re modelling.

Most buildings are temporary to a degree, the only thing that is permanent is land and we own it, it’s in our chosen location and has common boundaries.

Still with me or you still pulling ?
You've referred to it a couple of times as Spungen Moss, unless it's a joke about Nancy don't you mean Sphagnum Moss?
Potato Potartoe
Tomato Tomateo.

The owner wants to build the very finest stadium in the world ‘ in his own name ‘,the current stadium was always considered to be ‘medium term temporary’ and a new one was planned from the outset.

The CFA is a huge footprint, much bigger than the Etihad Campus, more land is being bought around both locations.

The biggest long term attraction to the owners wasn’t the stadium, it was the availability of large ares of cheap land with common boundaries.

Relocating and building the CFA whilst continuing to use The Etihad is child’s play in relative terms. If you have seen the creation and development of the Islands off Abu Dhabi mainland you’ll understand.

The wrap is agreed. Completing the final elevations of the W & E stands post construction will take seven working days. The Spungen Moss is cultivated off site,the infrastructure pre fabricated and erected on sight.

Oh ye of little faith,cast the scales from thy eyes, for ignorance is not bliss !!

Sorry but this is just off the scale wishful thinking. I look forward to your reply which suggests we all just need to have faith in our owners but they're very successful businessmen who simply wouldn't make such illogical decisions.

You don't spend millions of pounds constructing things on a temporary basis. The Etihad in its current location will be our stadium for the remainder of our owners' lifetimes. They'll undoubtedly expand the east and Colin Bell stands and then probably will have some form of wrap to create a destination and something similar to Real Madrid's new design.

In business it's about revenues and cashflow. They can plunge billions into the islands off Abu Dhabi because the return is monumental. Even with the proposals for the NS we see revenue has taken priority with the proposed hospitality, hotel, sky bar, roof walk etc. They're not spending a penny unless they get a pound back.

So there's no way they'll invest millions into regenerating land, providing the CFA, expanding the Etihad just to then build a new stadium. That is insanity. What they've done in Abu Dhabi is irrelevant to what they're doing here, as I've said before. The Yas Island hotel on the circuit is stunning, but look what they've proposed for the NS. What they do in Abu Dhabi is of no relevance. The architecture of the stadium isn't an important metric. The number of seats to generate the most revenue is the only consideration.

Sorry but this is just off the scale wishful thinking. I look forward to your reply which suggests we all just need to have faith in our owners but they're very successful businessmen who simply wouldn't make such illogical decisions.

You don't spend millions of pounds constructing things on a temporary basis. The Etihad in its current location will be our stadium for the remainder of our owners' lifetimes. They'll undoubtedly expand the east and Colin Bell stands and then probably will have some form of wrap to create a destination and something similar to Real Madrid's new design.

In business it's about revenues and cashflow. They can plunge billions into the islands off Abu Dhabi because the return is monumental. Even with the proposals for the NS we see revenue has taken priority with the proposed hospitality, hotel, sky bar, roof walk etc. They're not spending a penny unless they get a pound back.

So there's no way they'll invest millions into regenerating land, providing the CFA, expanding the Etihad just to then build a new stadium. That is insanity. What they've done in Abu Dhabi is irrelevant to what they're doing here, as I've said before. The Yas Island hotel on the circuit is stunning, but look what they've proposed for the NS. What they do in Abu Dhabi is of no relevance. The architecture of the stadium isn't an important metric. The number of seats to generate the most revenue is the only consideration.
I'm very reluctant to say you don't know what you're talking about but...

In 50 years time The Etihad will be almost as old as Maine Road when we left it.

Remember It ? The Wembley of the North with a record attendance of 84000+.

At a point in time, I've been told 2070/75, a new ground WILL be built.

It is in the nature of our owner to plan long term and prepare early.

Open your mind to the art of the possible,you might enjoy it

In 50 years time The Etihad will be almost as old as Maine Road when we left it.

Wish I would be alive to see it.

Maybe in 2070 but you implied a lot lot sooner

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.