Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Taking the kids on the tour tomorrow, really looking forward to it.

Guessing there's opportunity for photos with the trophies, even if just replicas?
Yes official photo only and they give you a ticket where you can view your photo in the shop , £10 if you like it .

Don't go then you misery !!!
misery-mrs-doyle.gif

Just got 4 tickets for Elbow in May at the Coop. £290 on presale
Arctics at LCCC £90
Pulp at Castlefield £75
Suppose when we're measuring it across the board its on target. But when you say it out loud that 4 tickets for Elbow are almost £300 is pretty nuts. Might be an anniversary tour and or with orchestra but Guy might be able to retire after a few gigs there

Crazy prices but at the end of the day everyone has a choice. Pay up or don't go.

Did the stadium tour yesterday as I wanted to experience the tunnel club and find out a few things about the new development progress . Even though I know the stadium like the back of my hand I had brilliant day , the tunnel club experience was truly fantastic and just walking down those steps onto the pitch then sitting in peps seat etc just mind blowing. Sat in the city changing room and our tour guide explained City have the smallest first team squad ever under pep just 22 players . The changing room is designed for 25 players and there are 3 vacant spaces . Lastly you need a capacity of at least 60,000 to host the CL final , City are hoping for the 2028 CL final with our new 63,000 capacity we were told !

I was on yesterday too, 11:30 slot.

Same as you, just wanted to update my experience since I’d not done in since 2006/7.

One thing we did ask that the guide couldn’t answer was what happened to the etched name tiles in the old ‘Walk of Pride’ tunnel.

Was given the name of someone who might know and the club are looking into it. We got one for my Dad and he’s since passed so if possible it’d be nice to have it back who I admit is unlikely.

Most recent article I could find about it was this one:

Manchester takes steps to regenerate Holt Town

The city council is seeking a multi-disciplinary team to draw up a “bold and innovative” vision for a 74-acre post-industrial backwater that sits between the city centre and the Etihad Stadium and could support the delivery of 4,000 homes.

1698415555063.png

Did the stadium tour yesterday as I wanted to experience the tunnel club and find out a few things about the new development progress . Even though I know the stadium like the back of my hand I had brilliant day , the tunnel club experience was truly fantastic and just walking down those steps onto the pitch then sitting in peps seat etc just mind blowing. Sat in the city changing room and our tour guide explained City have the smallest first team squad ever under pep just 22 players . The changing room is designed for 25 players and there are 3 vacant spaces . Lastly you need a capacity of at least 60,000 to host the CL final , City are hoping for the 2028 CL final with our new 63,000 capacity we were told !
63 000 does that mean the new development is not the end of it ? Thought that was 1 or 2 thousands less last game I did wonder if they would put more seat in round the pitch seems bit of gap between stand and pitch maybe even lower the pitch to put more in

Manchester takes steps to regenerate Holt Town

The city council is seeking a multi-disciplinary team to draw up a “bold and innovative” vision for a 74-acre post-industrial backwater that sits between the city centre and the Etihad Stadium and could support the delivery of 4,000 homes.

View attachment 96799

1698419510196.png
1698420309819.png
The Holt Town Central area is located between, and connects, the Etihad Campus and the Ancoats and New Islington neighbourhoods. As such, it has long been regarded as the “missing link” in the regeneration of the Ashton Canal Corridor from the City Centre to the Etihad Campus. The Ashton Canal runs through this area and the River Medlock valley is located immediately adjacent - two major assets that can both frame and link together new development. 49 There is huge potential to improve the canal and the surrounding environment to enable greater links from the Etihad Campus into Holt Town and through to Manchester City Centre. Additional canal towpath access for cyclists and pedestrians is required, together with security and lighting improvements. New development has the potential to increase natural surveillance and add activity to the streetscape and towpath. The East Manchester Metrolink extension has made Holt Town a highly accessible location. The Holt Town Metrolink stop provides a public transport gateway into the area and its introduction has already acted as a catalyst for regeneration and enhanced levels of activity and development interest. The Holt Town Central site also benefits from an established road network and connections to important highways. Pollard Street and Merrill Street provide main routes through the wider Holt Town area, connecting the Etihad Campus to the City Centre and the surrounding area and there are ten bus routes within 400m of the site, which provide further sustainable transport options. Density should be concentrated along the canal corridor and surrounding the Holt Town Metrolink stop in order to encourage sustainable transport choices, maximising upgraded connections to the City Centre and the Etihad Campus via the Ashton Canal towpath and the wider green and blue infrastructure network. Density of development should be similar to that in the Ancoats area, allowing the existing mill buildings to be the dominant urban form. New development will not be allowed to exceed the 8 storeys datum without a planning and townscape justification discussed and agreed with the Local Planning Authority. Development should bring natural surveillance and new activity to the streetscape and towpath and should build on the existing gridded network of streets to re-establish Holt Town’s urban grain and support a critical mass of new development around the canal and its listed buildings. The ERF 2017 set out Holt Town as a mixed-use neighbourhood anticipating higher density residential uses including family homes across a range of price points and tenures, employment space for a wide variety of businesses from “makers” to tech entrepreneurs, with local retail and services to support the wider area, making maximum use of the proximity to the Holt Town Metrolink stop. Existing businesses compatible with a mixed-use neighbourhood who wish to invest in their premises and expand their workforce will be encouraged and supported. Consideration will need to be given to the location of facilities such as health-care, schools and retail to support the existing and growing community in the Holt Town neighbourhood. The extraordinary listed former mill buildings offer significant potential for commercial, residential and cultural uses, creating a neighbourhood of character, similar to Ancoats, which is now well established as a residential and commercial neighbourhood of choice. Additional canal and towpath access for cyclists and pedestrians is required, together with security and lighting improvements. Regeneration of the area will be underpinned by the reuse and preservation of historic mill buildings fronting onto the canal. Infill developments on adjoining sites should be of a scale and character to complement these buildings, reinforcing the respective identities of the old and the new. Development should bring natural surveillance and new activity to the streetscape and towpath, and should build on the existing gridded network of streets to re-establish Holt Town’s urban grain and support a critical mass of new development around the canal and its listed buildings. Significant interventions will be needed to create the right context for investment in the creation of sustainable mixed-use neighbourhoods. It will require collaboration between landowners as ownership is fragmented, and there is a risk of inappropriate, piecemeal development. It is critical that comprehensive and coherent approaches are taken to create development opportunities of appropriate scale that will contribute to place-making and provide adequate solutions to issues such as car parking and amenity space. The Council will play a central role in ensuring a coherent approach is brought forward to the development of this part of the Eastlands area. Given the fragmented ownerships within Holt Town area the City Council will consider using its Compulsory Purchase powers should they be required. The use of such powers would be the subject of a separate approval by the City Council.

Last edited:
1698420453053.png
1698420511071.png
With recent posts about more places to drink etc , why does no one redevelop the area in Philips park to what is noted here

63 000 does that mean the new development is not the end of it ? Thought that was 1 or 2 thousands less last game I did wonder if they would put more seat in round the pitch seems bit of gap between stand and pitch maybe even lower the pitch to put more in
The approved planning permission allows for the capacity to be increased to 61,968, so wouldn’t take much to increase to 63,000. Put back some of the seats removed 18m ago. That would mean the two biggest club stadia are in Greater Manchester.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.