Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Nice chat with someone that knows yesterday, and its probably not new news really but i’ll share anyway

The north stand expansion and eateries/bar (new city square) linking to the arena is only the start of a 9 year plan.
Next faze is to develop all the land at the back of joe mercer way, including the land where the gas thing is. The intention is to have a commercial area that will house all the top advertising, design, architects, legal companies of the north. A proper intellectual hub. Working title of that area is The North. Be hotels etc too. A small Town within manchester is the aim.
Every bit of land is going to be bought up that comes available

Nice chat with someone that knows yesterday, and its probably not new news really but i’ll share anyway

The north stand expansion and eateries/bar (new city square) linking to the arena is only the start of a 9 year plan.
Next faze is to develop all the land at the back of joe mercer way, including the land where the gas thing is. The intention is to have a commercial area that will house all the top advertising, design, architects, legal companies of the north. A proper intellectual hub. Working title of that area is The North. Be hotels etc too. A small Town within manchester is the aim.
Sounds new to me sounds some what underwhelming in the sense that’s it’s not like the tourist stuff we where wanting but maybe that comes in time or other areas.scale of what you mention sounds good depends on the scale I mean the strip of land you mention is big but not that big not clear where the rest will be could be all over from what you say so not sure how that’s incorporated into the campus from what you say. The scale of that sounds impressive

The car parks! That's a new one.

Sounds new to me sounds some what underwhelming in the sense that’s it’s not like the tourist stuff we where wanting but maybe that comes in time or other areas.scale of what you mention sounds good depends on the scale I mean the strip of land you mention is big but not that big not clear where the rest will be could be all over from what you say so not sure how that’s incorporated into the campus from what you say. The scale of that sounds impressive

That's the leisure destination proposal on the Collar site, opposite the East stand, if you mean that?

The car parks! That's a new one.

That's the leisure destination proposal on the Collar site, opposite the East stand, if you mean that?
Yeh I get that the leisure stuff will go bye the East stand but that a bit of let down if I am honest was hoping the whole area would be leisure attractions getting a lot of corporations to have office blocks on the car park might be good but it’s dull and un attractive

Any more snippets?

Any more snippets?
Not really. Hes very much on the inside but i dont put him in too much of an awkward situation and just let him tell me what he wants to tell me

Just really that there is no limit to what can be achieved with the collar site.

Another thing, all bars in the stadium will eventually be upgraded to match the one in the south stand

Out of interest, what would u like as regards to tourist stuff?

Out of interest, what would u like as regards to tourist stuff?
No idea it doesn’t bother me to much what is built initially I assumed we would just get the usual bars restaurants shops etc. This thread then got a bit crazy Disney style. I think there has been a reset in recent years in terms of type of development scale and time frame at least for now. It’s all taking longer than we expected. Hotel has been described as fairly normal on here. Whats described in relation to offices seems to fit with that though perhaps be on a huge scale. I think other ITK have suggested the wow stuff will happen eventually and will be more tourist centered focusing on sport education and technology.

I wonder if there are ways to develop refit improve and open up what’s already in the area eg the Velodrome etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.