Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Surely the answer is to redevelop Ashburys and increase services on that line on match days
Good point Johnny

I dont know why they cant copy what they do at Gatwick and run a monarail that they run from Beswick Arches which is next to Ashburys (build a park and ride on the waste ground there)

I was trying to find a connection at the other end but could not find it so it would be only Ashbury Station to the Ehihad Campus at the moment

Like a lot of City fans I’ve followed City across Europe and the public transport on match days in European cities is no different to ours. Public transport is over crowded when going to and leaving football grounds. Istanbul on the Metro and trains was a prime example of that. As for the buses and coaches, forget it. I do have to admit the public match day transport in Germany is superb and it’s on another level.
Sorry mate, I enjoy your picture updates and posts but this is complete and utter bollocks! The public transport systems in ALL major European cities is infinitely better than MCR! The UK has the worst (and most expensive) public transport system in Western Europe. Using UEFAs shitshow in Istanbul is a smokescreen; the stadium isn’t in the city!

Sorry mate, I enjoy your picture updates and posts but this is complete and utter bollocks! The public transport systems in ALL major European cities is infinitely better than MCR! The UK has the worst (and most expensive) public transport system in Western Europe. Using UEFAs shitshow in Istanbul is a smokescreen; the stadium isn’t in the city!

I’m not saying they aren’t better and more efficient, I’m saying transport systems are just as crowded on match days. I’ve been on loads of metros across Europe to and from grounds and they have been absolutely packed, just like Metrolink is on a match day.

I’m not saying they aren’t better and more efficient, I’m saying transport systems are just as crowded on match days. I’ve been on loads of metros across Europe to and from grounds and they have been absolutely packed, just like Metrolink is on a match day.
The difference being they actually get you there and back in a reasonable timeframe. Actually getting on the metro in Picadilly anything less than 2 hrs before ko is Russian roulette. And queuing after the game is comically bad. It’s not defensible or fit for purpose, never will be when it shares the track with people and cars. I don’t have any answers, but nothing will change if we all keep pretending it can work. Tbh though nothing will change anyway!

Yb
The difference being they actually get you there and back in a reasonable timeframe. Actually getting on the metro in Picadilly anything less than 2 hrs before ko is Russian roulette. And queuing after the game is comically bad. It’s not defensible or fit for purpose, never will be when it shares the track with people and cars. I don’t have any answers, but nothing will change if we all keep pretending it can work. Tbh though nothing will change anyway!

I can’t complain about Metrolink when I’ve caught it from Piccadilly Train Station to the Etihad. Tap in, tap out, a bit squashed on the tram, but it works for me. As a rule I walk to and from the Etihad when I’m in town. Another option is Uber from Piccadilly Train Station. £4-£5 and you’re at the Etihad in 10-15 minutes. I never use a black cab.

Last edited:
You can’t just “build a few stops”.
What’s with the attitude mate? It’s a friendly forum this. New stations are being built successfully across the country. It requires careful planning, investment and a cohesive approach with local authorities. City have the resources and influence to create such change, at the very least, they could push for the required extension to Ashbury’s platform.

What’s with the attitude mate? It’s a friendly forum this. New stations are being built successfully across the country. It requires careful planning, investment and a cohesive approach with local authorities. City have the resources and influence to create such change, at the very least, they could push for the required extension to Ashbury’s platform.
Apologies if you read it that way, but the reasons have been discussed many times before, hence why I earlier suggested a sticky about why it really isn’t possible, well not at the moment.

Personally, let’s see the situation after the arena and North stand facilities are open. If there’s still major issues, then I think shuttle buses and road changes, at a fraction of the price and complexity, can probably fix it.

Apologies if you read it that way, but the reasons have been discussed many times before, hence why I earlier suggested a sticky about why it really isn’t possible, well not at the moment.

Personally, let’s see the situation after the arena and North stand facilities are open. If there’s still major issues, then I think shuttle buses and road changes, at a fraction of the price and complexity, can probably fix it.
I'm wondering how dear it would be to build a platform (well two) ?
I'm thinking, build a station on the line that runs past the Athletic Stadium.
And surely it can still be used on none match days too , ie re-route some services or new ones like say ,Glossop to the Airport via Victoria?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.