Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

“Shared moments of wonder and joy”. This is an embarrassment for City. They can sell it all they want, they’ve been told to do one. No new rail network, despite existing infrastructure - confirmed by Andy Burnham (not that he needed to, has zero powers anyway). No improvements to the Met, which continue to operate a normal service even on a matchday. Instead, they’re lighting up the existing walkway to the ground

United on the other-hand have just had approval from Trafford Council to make dramatic changes to Old Trafford and the surrounding area. It already has 3 different Met lines running past the ground, a rail track and one of the main arteries (Chester Rd) supporting the area. Not to mention MediaCity and Salford Quays.

City needed more than a few jazzy street lamps.
It’s a fucken disgrace

It's not a disused line. They run freight trains along it and also move engines into the maintenance depots at Newton Heath and Ardwick - the latter is seen to the left of the circle in the bottom screenshot (big white building). Sometimes trains run from Piccadilly into Ashburys, then reverse back up the line, so there's a lot going on that is critical to running the network around the city.
Excuses excuses, just get it sorted, matchday specials, direct train to Aberdeen and London by start of next season now that they’ve screwed everyone on parking.

It’s a fucken disgrace
You are spot on"Welcome To Manchester" has a new meaning, you have to walk to our stadium but we will give you a fancy light show on a walkway.

If you drive you have to wait 2 hours to exit the car park but you can leave the ground earlier as most fans do.

Here is the answer in this video to service the stadium by train also backed up by the tram and buses.

The trains don't need to run all the time just when concerts or games are on.

But City wants you to hang around the stadium after the game but what there? Maybe something in the future but we can't tell you.

You are spot on"Welcome To Manchester" has a new meaning, you have to walk to our stadium but we will give you a fancy light show on a walkway.

If you drive you have to wait 2 hours to exit the car park but you can leave the ground earlier as most fans do.

Here is the answer in this video to service the stadium by train also backed up by the tram and buses.

The trains don't need to run all the time just when concerts or games are on.

But City wants you to hang around the stadium after the game but what there? Maybe something in the future but we can't tell you.

Two trains shuttling to and from Piccadilly every 6 mins would move a lot of people 2 hours before and the same after games/concerts and Victoria pretty much the same 12mins north from the stadium, or an Etihad/ Piccadilly/Victoria loop

Last edited:
I thought the traffic seemed a lot better on Saturday. Probably due to it being a late afternoon kick off and all the shoppers gone by time we were on our way home.

A monorail from the stadium to sale would have been perfect when i lived here and if memory serves me right in the 1970s there was talk of one from town along princess parkway to wythenshawe.
An (elevated ? ) two way monorail above the route of the canal ?

Two trains shuttling to and from Piccadilly every 6 mins would move a lot of people 2 hours before and the same after games/concerts and Victoria pretty much the same 12mins north from the stadium, or an Etihad/ Piccadilly/Victoria loop
I have no idea, but those that seem to have posted many times, it isn't as simple as building a plaform and putting trains on. Maybe they are wrong,I don't know but they seem quite knowlegable on the subject.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.