Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

@Keeper! this is what I meant, The Sphere that you posted above makes this in advertising a day, The Cube at the New York City FC is seven storeys high.

Football clubs now make money from advertising steps in the stand with LED signage, imagine how much money is to be made from outside a stadium using this technology
View attachment 110168

View attachment 110167
No doubt the club will be on to it IF possible and don't forget we were the first club to install double height led pitchside advertising and that was/is controversial.

There are issues with LED's in terms of light pollution and the Etihad is very near to a lot of housing.

But the development of the Stand and all that goes with it is a huge advert for the club and and that will be getting millions visiting in person every year.

"Welcome to Manchester"

It's 2024 we should not need to travel this way to games, it's going to get worse with the opening of COOP live

Danny Wilson please see this

View attachment 107764
I think this is short term pain. When the development is finished many will hold back for a pint and stay around the new City Square. I’ll be one of them.

The answer to the transport problem is broadly there - the Metrolink - That’s how you move large numbers from the Etihad Campus to a variety of destinations but, the whole system has been so badly implemented, no sidings to store additional trains, a bottleneck on the line to Piccadilly and trams that have insufficient capacity. The Council and others should focus on making the Metrolink fit for purpose.
I’ve said for years Cornbrook is too small and needs extra capacity. Same with other stations too. They need to be able to take more than one tram simultaneously like at Gmex

No doubt the club will be on to it IF possible and don't forget we were the first club to install double height led pitchside advertising and that was/is controversial.

There are issues with LED's in terms of light pollution and the Etihad is very near to a lot of housing.

But the development of the Stand and all that goes with it is a huge advert for the club and and that will be getting millions visiting in person every year.
This is why I am suggesting using the roof of the fan zone for this then use City Hall which is indoors as City answer to the Cube this would stop light pollution.

I do not know if City are still going ahead with the massive LED screens on the hotel ends ?

@Keeper!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.