Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Manchester City Council has appointed the design studio to draw up a 10-year regeneration and investment vision for 74 acres of post-industrial wasteland.

Studio Egret West will lead a multi-disciplinary team for the Holt Town project, including Deloitte, MVRDV

View attachment 109526

Dubbed as one of the city’s most exciting regeneration opportunities, Holt Town is located between Eastlands and the city centre.

The vision is to transform the area into a sustainable, digitally-driven new town within the city, with capacity for around 4,500 new homes.

The NDF will propose “generous” green public space that will include designs for future living, underpinned by good health and well-being principles, including new active travel routes, according to the city council.

Glad to hear about green spaces, I have watched a few youtube videos of foreigners thoughts on living in Manchester Central just out of curiosity since it's becoming more common. The lack of green spaces compared to other major cities always seems to be a major gripe for them. I suppose that shows you the working class roots of the city, none of this used to be much of a concern(health and well-being... luxury!).

Wasn't referring to a 24 hr sphere in Bradford, more an upgrade on what we see at Munich's ground.

LED has come a long way since it opened 20 years ago. We have the chance to make the approach something special

That's exactly what I was thinking. Also shows what could be done with a stadium wrap... Like the Sphere in Vegas

Imagine this appearing as you walk up the canal

366 feet tall and 516 feet, easy do it on a football ground

I was talking about the roof above City Square doing this

It is called the CUBE Entrance at the New York City stadium, it's looks like it built on the same type of technology as Sphere I left a link below.

How good would this look on the roof of City Square?

A first for an EPL team

Please watch the video below, it is amazing @jrb & @gouldybob

1709939312724.png
1709939401541.png
1709939485032.png
1709940118481.png

It is called the CUBE Entrance at the New York City stadium, it's looks like it built on the same type of technology as Sphere I left a link below.

A first for an EPL team

View attachment 109633
View attachment 109634
View attachment 109635
View attachment 109636

I agreed about the roof of the new City Square. I was just saying why stop at the top of Joe Mercer Way.

As you walk under the roof it opens up to an LED wrap of the rest of the stadium. This would give the "WOW" from every path to the stadium.

The roof of City Square can just be the start

A first for an EPL team

View attachment 109633
View attachment 109634
View attachment 109635
View attachment 109636

Yeah without question that would look epic on the new city square!

This is a game-changer, for football clubs and live events

You know, I think you’re going overboard with this and dramatically so. It’s just a video wall at the entrance to the stadium.

Our plans are also already in place, we’re not going to suddenly cancel them and put this in just because NYC have it.

We’ll have to best fan zone in Europe whether you like it or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.