Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Is it just me or does the raging criticism of the new arena seem to be a bit over the top and from outlets who normally don't give a flying fuck about music venues and the North West.

Something to do with its location, investors and association to MCFC?

Surely not.

I noticed the snakes at the BBC piling in as usual.

Is it just me or does the raging criticism of the new arena seem to be a bit over the top and from outlets who normally don't give a flying fuck about music venues and the North West.

Surely not.
Fuelled by keyboard warriors which is social media in 2024 people post wild speculation and people take it as gospel and the media jump on it.

All media outlets are quick to jump on negativity when gigs are pushed back but very slow to publish articles when there is more positive news, seems negativity sells but positivity doesn't.

I replied to a guy based in Newcastle who was slating coop live as amateurs and a disgrace as it was clearly not ready (he'd based this on a picture he'd seen online of the etihad. Campus) Loads of parents of young girls going to Olivia rodrigo took this as gospel and piled in saying they were worried about their kids attending.

When I pulled him up on what it was that made it dangerous as I see it every day I was informed well you must be f****n blind if you can't see all the cranes.

I informed him they were linked to the stadium development and absolutely nothing to do with the arena.... He hasn't replied since!

There are a lot of strange things going on with the current pile on on the Co Op on social media.

I’d put money on the AO Arena being behind some of the bot like characters posting negatively to everything the Co Op posts. Twitter handles with a name and loads of numbers never posted before - suddenly making multiple snide posts.

As for the rest of the media, the MEN has strong links to the Arena - compare the PR nonsense they wrote recently about minor improvements to the AO to the snide Co Op pieces.

Then you have various people getting behind the Music Venue Trust who want cash from bigger venues that seem to be approaching the Co Op before other venues operating for years. All posting negatively about the Co Op.

Last edited:
Fontaines are playing the Aviva Factory Place in town in November. £45. The venue also did pay what you can tickets. The band sold out 3 days in an hour. That's 15k standing tickets across the dates. I think I read co-op has 7.5k standing capacity for that KOL gig.
Cheap for a top band, tickets like gold dust already. I find Arena gigs well overpriced so stay away watching up and coming bands for £25 - 40ish.

There are a lot of strange things going on with the current pile on on the Co Op on social media.

I’d put money on the AO Arena being behind some of the bot like characters posting negatively to everything the Co Op posts. Twitter handles with a name and loads of numbers never posted before - suddenly making multiple snide posts.

As for the rest of the media, the MEN has strong links to the Arena - compare the PR nonsense they wrote recently about minor improvements to the AO to the snide Co Op pieces.

Then you have various people getting behind the Music Venue Trust who was cash from bigger venues that seem to be approaching the Co Op before other venues operating for years. All posting negatively about the Co Op.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been more made of the CFGs stake in the arena as they’d love that slant to get their readers angry. You look at some of the bands they have booked coming up compared to what they have at the AO arena, The Co-Op live have really stolen a march over them. No wonder they are out in force trying to fling as much negative shit as possible.

Other aspect is our friends in Trafford wanting a rebuild with public money. An arena near the swamp would have been a money maker, they came to the party half a decade too late and shows how city are years ahead of them on thinking.

Then you have various people getting behind the Music Venue Trust who was cash from bigger venues that seem to be approaching the Co Op before other venues operating for years. All posting negatively about the Co Op.
The animal rights activists are all over it now

Surely not.
Cheap sensational headline for the sheep to latch on to.

Broken Britain etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.