Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

It was inevitable once the reason was revealed as they will need to investigate why part of the air conditioning unit fell and ensure it can't happen to any other and double check any other potential hazards.

Building Control will be very nervous about signing anything off now, everything will be on the arena to prove it is safe. I don't thing Olive will be the last show cancelled.

What an absolute shambles. Stand by my original comments of steering well clear.

It was inevitable once the reason was revealed as they will need to investigate why part of the air conditioning unit fell and ensure it can't happen to any other and double check any other potential hazards.

Building Control will be very nervous about signing anything off now, everything will be on the arena to prove it is safe. I don't thing Olive will be the last show cancelled.
There is literally thousands of the item that's come down, if they are checking everyone which is now likely it's thousands of hours of work, but they can flood it with labour to check and sign off every fixing detail.

Sorry but tonight is absolutely unforgivable.

The Twitter message from Co Op Luve to leave the area absolutely disgusting as well.

Heads should be rolling all over the shop as this is an absolute joke - and they deserve all the shit they are gonna get.

Where are Oak View ?

What I don't get is they should know if it's finished for people to attend? Why have people going queuing up for an event then it's cancelled? Who cancelled it and why? Surely they'll have all the tests checks before people attend a venue?!

Seems whoever is in charge of it all is thick as two short planks..

Surely this work must have been signed off. When inspectors were removed from the aircraft industry, we had to take responsibility and stamp the job up ourselves. Onus was on the engineer. Something I thought was not a good idea. Especially when working under pressure of meeting what appeared to be, in this circumstance a failing deadline.

Fan Katie Barnsley, who travelled up from Kent for the gig, found out it had been cancelled just as she was about to get a tram from Manchester city centre to the arena in the Etihad Campus.

The 28-year-old-insurance broker had travelled up from near Dover with her partner and his sister, and estimated they had spent around £600 on tickets, accommodation and petrol.

She said: "We were going on the tram and were asking the attendant how we got to the campus and he said, 'Don't bother, it's been cancelled'.

"Then I went on Twitter and saw the tweet from the arena."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.