Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Seen some one said they paid £25 for parking

Yasin, 20, told BBC Newsbeat he paid £25 for parking and arrived at the venue to be handed one of the pieces of paper.

He said: "I'm thinking is this real? Why isn't it online? It was very unprofessional, I couldn't believe it almost, like is this the way we're finding out that it's been cancelled?"

Yasin said he had been looking forward to attending the show and had been listening to the rapper's music "on repeat" for two weeks.

"It makes me question future events, if they're going to be planned properly or if it's going to be organised enough", he added.

Purely luck that the venue was almost empty. Imagine if the opening night had resulted in a death if this item had fallen on top of a crowded bowl.

They need to place the opening on an indefinite hold and check everything over. Reeks of a last minute panic build with little or no supervision over the completed work.

Kalvin Phillips breathing a sigh of relief for not being the biggest CFG fuck up of the last decade. Jack Rodwell crossing his fingers that this fuck up last beyond May.

Surely this work must have been signed off. When inspectors were removed from the aircraft industry, we had to take responsibility and stamp the job up ourselves. Onus was on the engineer. Something I thought was not a good idea. Especially when working under pressure of meeting what appeared to be, in this circumstance a failing deadline.

Building control inspectors are not project managers nor do they offer quality assurance

Cutting corners and rushing the finishing, a total and utter &uck up and pure greed to go with it.

I was slaughtered on here last week for suggesting this situation could lead to a disaster.

ALL concerts should be cancelled until this build is 100% finished. Ticket prices are high, the promoters boast of the quality of facilities, all good, but give the punters what they have paid for.

Somebody at OVG, CFG or both got impatient and greedy.

I bet the Co-op are fuming. What a PR disaster for them.
It's no surprise though is it?

You have reported the delays many months ago and it's an open secret.

Why on earth were they booking acts when there were major problems?

Greed I would suggest and a problem when American investors are involved sadly.

It's no surprise though is it?

You have reported the delays many months ago and it's an open secret.

Why on earth were they booking acts when there were major problems?

Greed I would suggest and a problem when American investors are involved sadly.

Desperate to claw as much money back as quickly as possible. Look at all the acts booked for May instead of a soft phased launch after the arena was 100% ready to open.

Desperate to claw as much money back as quickly as possible. Look at all the acts booked for May instead of a soft phased launch after the arena was 100% ready to open.
100% agree, ALL EVENTS should be cancelled immediately.

Get this finished to specifications and then have a huge opening that Oakview and Manchester can be proud of.

If not this could have serious repercussions.

I realise test events are needed but even with those they jumped the gun. Invite the local population to those when ready free of charge, the PR would be fantastic.

The problem for OVG was that they were will have been approached by promoters with loads of touring artists looking for May and June dates.

If they had launched later in the Summer like they should have done those artists and their tours would have been and gone - with not much happening in the July / August schedule.

The contractors have obviously assured them they could get it to a stage it could operate safely and they’ve fucked up the timings by a couple of weeks.

Greed, optimism, call it what you want.

What has been completely unforgivable is how everything has been managed in the past few days. They have lost any shred of goodwill anybody has for the venue and turned the opening into a Fyrefest like disaster.

Oak View and CFG are serious operators. I’m struggling to understand how they have let this all happen. They need to engage some serious crisis management in to try and fix the PR nightmare they are in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.