Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Even before corporate and hotel revenues kick in the Co-op Arena is predicted to make annual revenues matching the O2 Arena in London which last year were a record £122m. CFG will get half of those. And this is just the start. It is amazing how stupid and complacent people like Neville are when it comes to finance.
I wouldn’t confuse turnover with profit. The 02 makes about around £10m profit per year ( on the £122m turnover ).

Whilst it’s a great investment long term - it’s not going to make a huge difference short term to CFG accounts.

But like you say, once the hotel and other facilities open they will get further financial benefits from the Arena.

I wouldn’t confuse turnover with profit. The 02 makes about around £10m profit per year ( on the £122m turnover ).

Whilst it’s a great investment long term - it’s not going to make a huge difference short term to CFG accounts.

But like you say, once the hotel and other facilities open they will get further financial benefits from the Arena.
I'm not sure he is confusing the two.
Profit will come through long term investment.
I think CFG recently posted over 100m loss.
Similar losses at City some 11- 12 years ago.

I understand profit. The new developments will hugely increase corporate hospitality with all leisure activities. You are right that it won’t happen immediately but it is a game-changer for the club in my view. Co-op Live is also a much better venue than the O2.

What I love is how ADUG, CFG, MCFC or whatever vehicle, they already have plans and options in place for the Etihad, Coop Live, hotel, collar site developments and beyond to generate additional off field revenue whilst others are scratching their heads on how to catch up on field? Trying to catch up let alone compete, is even harder to stop than emulating Citys success with the associated increasing costs, akin to "whack a mole" without a bat.

I understand profit. The new developments will hugely increase corporate hospitality with all leisure activities. You are right that it won’t happen immediately but it is a game-changer for the club in my view. Co-op Live is also a much better venue than the O2.
Corporate hospitality & the hotel will be hugely complementary as I think a lot of the corporate clients will likely stop over at the hotel rather than town.

Who is the hotel management company ?

We stayed at the DAKOTA for the first time pre WHU...
excellent !!

City won’t run the hotel

It would be great if a new top end hotel chain not currently in Manchester is selected to run the hotel. That would give the hotel an instant air of exclusivity.

Dakota is a great shout, but they already have a hotel in the NQ, and are opening another hotel at Manchester Airport in the future.

The Dakota hotel in the NQ is rated as the best of the best on Trip Advisor, Manchester hotels, with 1000’s of 5 star reviews. 1951, 5 star reviews.

What I love is how ADUG, CFG, MCFC or whatever vehicle, they already have plans and options in place for the Etihad, Coop Live, hotel, collar site developments and beyond to generate additional off field revenue whilst others are scratching their heads on how to catch up on field? Trying to catch up let alone compete, is even harder to stop than emulating Citys success with the associated increasing costs, akin to "whack a mole" without a bat.
I totally agree but you know what's coming, yes you guessed it... new rules.
Even so I'm sure the group have it covered.

In regard trees I was watching a report from Ken gardens saying that due to climate changes, some indigenous trees are dying out or not lasting as long now, so they are looking at planting trees from hotter climates to compensate. Can’t wait to see bayabob and cactus trees all over Manchester!
I have a palm tree in my garden. Thriving and fruiting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.