Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

The RFL has already moved its offices to the Campus, I believe. Where they're located, I'm not sure, but the official address is given on their website as Gate 13, Rowsley Street, Etihad Campus, Manchester, England, M11 3FF (see the section at the very foot of the front page). Part of the deal for them to move in was that they'd be able to use the Regional Athletics Arena to play representative games at junior levels. Whether they've so far done so, again I don't know.

Back in May 2022, just before they moved, they were reported to have obtained permission for a " new rugby league hub with a 900-seat stand". This was to be located off Grey Mare Lane and be centred on "the rugby pitch which is already located at the site opposite East Manchester Leisure Centre". The "new 900-seat spectator stand [was] to be built alongside changing rooms, six floodlights and classrooms", but as I'm abroad, I have no idea whether this plan has yet gone ahead.
No nothing yet

The National winners of the 2024 National Landscape Awards have been announced and idverde has secured two wins for Manchester City Football Club and Manor Gardens in Bexhill.

View attachment 130771

View attachment 130772

View attachment 130773

I don’t understand. So far they have planted 3 trees, surely they can’t have won an award for that. Is it for the work they are going to do? Where have they removed 200 tonnes of material from?

No nothing yet [re the already approved plans to build a new small RL venue at Beswick Hub]

Did you see my subsequent post (#15,097 in this thread)? Looks like this isn't going to happen. The Grey Mare Lane Masterplan, issued by the Council in late 2023 and the subject of recent consultation, states as follows regarding current development in the vicinity:

Our League Rugby Stadium - 900 seat ruby stadium. It is understood that the Rugby Stadium is not moving forwards, and that the Stadium has further plans for expansion to the junction of Ashton New Road. Sports use on this site is still being explored.

I don’t understand. So far they have planted 3 trees, surely they can’t have won an award for that. Is it for the work they are going to do? Where have they removed 200 tonnes of material from?
It’s a con United planted 11 trees on Sunday alone, Shirley they should be winning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.