Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Bloody hell, I'm not reading all that! Maybe we could all read a line each?
There's some interesting stuff on pp46-47 about development of land next to the stadium, including the ideas for an Arena, hotels, cinemas and other leisure. It also suggests that ongoing studies are looking at the potential for a "City Experience" which I guess would be some sort of visitor centre/museum

A very positive report but virtually no mention of transport infrastucture. The new arena looks like a valid project though based on the quoted figures. But no more details yet on the North Stand plans. A copy should be sent to every national journalist in the UK, especially the idiots who don't really understand what is happening in Manchester thanks to the city's partnership with our owners.

A very positive report but virtually no mention of transport infrastucture. The new arena looks like a valid project though based on the quoted figures. But no more details yet on the North Stand plans. A copy should be sent to every national journalist in the UK, especially the idiots who don't really understand what is happening in Manchester thanks to the city's partnership with our owners.
It's not ignorance though. They just don't like us.

I think the club will aim to eclipse the capacity at Old Trafford. It isn't their mindset to be second best. We need to be bigger than United and the premier football club both on and off the field. Manchester is growing in population and economy and it attracts a whole new scope of people. United still have that historic attraction but it will not take much longer for people to be drawn our way instead. Certainly to businesses and hospitality.

Internally the changes do not have to be mind blowing. I imagine the plans for expansion are similar to those drawn up way back when. It is externally that improvements can be made. There is sufficient room to create something quite spectacular. From external designs that make the stadium incredible, to further facilities that enable people to stay in the area post-match and pre-match for longer to try and address current transport issues.

Whilst transport can be improved, you are able to walk into town in 20-30mins if you get a gallop on. I had to do it to get last trains to Sheffield when I was at Uni and managed it without leaving early. That's more than an 800m walk which is deemed sustainable in planning terms, but it isn't too bad. It is part and parcel of football to have issues getting to and from games but it would certainly help draw additional support if transport improvements were made. There is scope to improve things significantly without mind blowing investment.
Why do we need to be bigger than United ???
Make the ground 80k !!
Doubt it

Unless the transport infrastructure is improved to a massive degree there will be problems with the development of the area. Furthermore the Stadium will continue to empty from 75 minutes without bringing the transportation being brought into the modern world, rather than the shambles we have now

Make the ground 80k !!
Doubt it

Our owners want us to be the best club in Manchester with the biggest and best facilities. It draws in fans and revenue. The same way Spurs made their ground bigger than Arsenal's we will get the same. The ambition our owners have is mighty. The CL win would help, globally, for them which is why it is a priority. But the owners have bigger plans and not all align to the everyday City fan I would imagine.

They will have reviewed all sports to see what makes a great stadium and what makes money and will look at creating something that gets fans spending their money in the area a lot more than just a few hours either side of matchdays.

Unless the transport infrastructure is improved to a massive degree there will be problems with the development of the area. Furthermore the Stadium will continue to empty from 75 minutes without bringing the transportation being brought into the modern world, rather than the shambles we have now
Numbers, details, estimates? My experience is travelling by foot/bus. In takes 50 mins in for me and an hour out. They are not going to widen roads, and there's not going to be any infrastructure spend, unless ADUG do it, which is highly unlikely unless they were given a stake in the result. Still unlikely. Manchester population is surging but it's largely young single people, who travel on foot and live and work in manchester.

In my opinion less and less people will travel into the City for shopping/work so you're unlikely to see major transport infrastructure works. What's the biggest workplace in Manchester now? Council, hospitals? Offices and shops are closing down. People will work and shop from home, and the world will come to you rather than the other way around. In the short term anyway.

I would like to know how traffic into Manchester has changed over the years. In my opinion the numbers of car journeys into Manchester are way way down but that's just anecdotal thinking back on how the roads used to be.

Make the ground 80k !!
Doubt it
To be the best we have to keep striving to improve

Other clubs are not standing still. City could command average gates now of 70,000 easily, and that's without continued success/growth.

How long will Guardiola be here? We need to capitalise on this now, or the opportunity to grow will pass us by. Every club is ultimately tested by their crowds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.