Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

That area should be a park! Criminal if it is not.

For the new NIMBY city dwellers who can't be arsed to go to the area at Pin Mill Brow, a whole 4/5s of a mile away. But a bit rough for them to have their picnics in and complain about the traffic that was in the area before they arrived. A bit like the ones who complain about the noise from clubs when they move into a flat above one.

Sorry, no.

I don’t work in MCR’s property development or construction sectors or for City.

I’ve just got a really keen interest in property development in Manchester, via well over a decade of posting on SSC MCR.

My interest in Architecture and property development started after the IRA bomb in 1996. To this day I still remember hearing a large explosion, opening the front door of my Mum’s House in Burnage, and seeing a huge plume of smoke rising high above the city centre.

Fortunately via SSC and BM I’ve been fortunate enough to have got to know people who are very high up in some of Manchester’s biggest property development companies.

I never fish for info. I’m honest and upfront when I speak to property developers. OVG being the most recent one at the public consultation on Tuesday.

That aside, I enjoy walking around Manchester city centre and beyond, seeing the property development changes taking place across the city centre and beyond, and taking pictures of all of the property developments going up in the city. I do a monthly construction roundup for SSC, MCR.

If and when construction on the proposed arena starts, I will post regular picture updates on BM. :-)

Thanks for the reply mate.

I was just thinking about how they will build this arena & new Etihad extention.

Got a feeling all the family North Stand will be be moved I guess to maybe the new stand or L2 to allow safe standing behind each goal?
Was hoping when they build the new arena they also build an onsite hotel with retail park & restaurants down the East side car park?

Ive noticed they have put the sensors on the roads around the stadium for the traffic surveys this week. I cant imagine the traffic being that bad given the size of the proposed arena.

Could City fans buy discounted bus travel with their seasoncard / match ticket? Could use a mobile phone app, or a payment card on the bus (you can already use debit cards and mobile phone apps on Stagecoach) as it would make it quicker to load buses and it would incentivise public transport if the bus travel was discounted. Could do likewise with the trains. I think there is something like that in operation with the Metrolink.

I have heard that Metrolink are hoping to get some more trams which might improve the number of services on match-day.

Got a feeling that City maybe reading this topic as for the 2nd game running, Stagecoach were loading more than 1 bus at a time for the journey back to Manchester after the game.

Could City fans buy discounted bus travel with their seasoncard / match ticket? Could use a mobile phone app, or a payment card on the bus (you can already use debit cards and mobile phone apps on Stagecoach) as it would make it quicker to load buses and it would incentivise public transport if the bus travel was discounted. Could do likewise with the trains. I think there is something like that in operation with the Metrolink.

I have heard that Metrolink are hoping to get some more trams which might improve the number of services on match-day.

Got a feeling that City maybe reading this topic as for the 2nd game running, Stagecoach were loading more than 1 bus at a time for the journey back to Manchester after the game.
I wouldn't be relying on any mobile phone apps , getting internet for apps after a match would cause chaos.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.