Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

That is correct. Whether you regard that as progress I don't know.

Here is some interesting analysis which confirms your point of view. It's not entirely up to date. My impression is that the number of cars in the City centre has fallen significantly in the last 18 months as the Oxford Rd corridor opened.

LzBdl9V.png

Here is a graphic which details projected population growth. See panel on the left regarding the City Centre population.

That is the context for public transport in Manchester and why there is a shift from car to walking and cycling. The crane count tells its own tale. There is a surge in people living, working and studying in the City Centre. Students are moving from Fallowfield into the City centre. That means that the City centre transport in focused less on the car.

This has a knock on effect for CIty fans as we of course use Manchester's transport infrastructure. Basically if you a car driver, then the City council does not really want you (my interpretation not theirs, they want you out of the car, and onto your bike, feet, or the bus).

yOQqJJ9.png

Potential solution if there is a North Stand Expansion, and transport is an issue in 2-3 years time:

Give Seasoncard holders an option to buy discounted travel on the buses, and make more buses available. Get Stagecoach staff to load more than 1-2 buses at a time.

I am not convinced that there actually is a problem beyond car drivers, and tram users, but if there is, this is what I would do

Marvin.

Have you got a link to the report?

Many thanks.

Who do you think will get it?

Laings finish on the south stand was a disgrace. Think they fell out in the final account as well. But they will need the work and if mcc are involved then they may push for laings after they did not win the town hall.

Mcalpines must have a chance. More than capable of delivering that. I would say bam have zero chance.

Laings finish on the south stand was a disgrace. Think they fell out in the final account as well. But they will need the work and if mcc are involved then they may push for laings after they did not win the town hall.

Mcalpines must have a chance. More than capable of delivering that. I would say bam have zero chance.

I remember you posting about Laings finish on the south stand. It's still like that today. If there ever was a rush job, it was the south stand.

Hopefully the 2nd public consultation later this year will reveal much more about the arena. £300mill for an indoor arena isn't to be sniffed at. I'm hoping for something more much exciting than the initial design.

I remember you posting about Laings finish on the south stand. It's still like that today. If there ever was a rush job, it was the south stand.

Hopefully the 2nd public consultation later this year will reveal much more about the arena. £300mill for an indoor arena isn't to be sniffed at. I'm hoping for something more much exciting than the initial design.

Yes 300 million seems a lot for what I have seen?! Think it is very much just initial consultation sketches and will look very different when built. I am hearing the hotel will be close behind.

How many does a bus hold? You would need loads and they'd just get stuck in traffic.
Certain roads between the ground and Town should be closed to cars for a certain amount of time after the final whistle and just have taxis, buses or Mets running down them.

How do you figure laings will "need the work"? Last I heard they had loads on, hinckley is hardly a small job

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.