Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I assume the planning permission that was originally granted for potential North Stand extension at the same time as for the South Stand has long since expired?

As there appears to be no move by the club to present either the same plans or modified ones for approval then it’s probably safe to say that it won’t be happening for the foreseeable future.

I thought it was one permission covering both stands? In which case there should be no time limit to complete the second phase as the first phase has been implemented.

I thought it was one permission covering both stands? In which case there should be no time limit to complete the second phase as the first phase has been implemented.
I think that's right, but not sure what changes we are allowed to make to the original design without needing new planning.

AO.com to sponsor the Manchester Arena.

So after all the bluster from ASM Global, it looks like they are ready to take on the new arena in East Manchester.

Click on the link for the full article.

----------

Place North West.

Bolton-based online appliances retailer AO is in talks to be Manchester Arena’s first sponsor since 2015.

Arena operator ASM Global has submitted a planning application on behalf of AO for new signage on the venue’s façades.

The 21,000-capacity arena attracts over 1m visitors every year and in February 2019 Manchester Arena said it welcomed its 30m visitor.

This July will mark the arena’s 25th anniversary and it is understood that operator ASM is working up plans for an extensive refurbishment that will include improvement works to the concourse and expansion of the auditorium.

The plans are being drawn up as a response to Manchester City Council’s plans for a controversial 20,000-seat venue in Eastlands. ASM executive vice chairman John Sharkey told Place North West last June that he believes having two large stadia in Manchester is not viable.

https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/manchester-arena-and-ao-in-sponsorship-talks/

I assume the planning permission that was originally granted for potential North Stand extension at the same time as for the South Stand has long since expired?

As there appears to be no move by the club to present either the same plans or modified ones for approval then it’s probably safe to say that it won’t be happening for the foreseeable future.

Given City’s relationship with MCC - any planning consent would be a formality- so long as it was sensible.

I don't think it is this mate.

The money from our owner is not as fast or loose as it once was. The feeling is City are now at the stage where they don't need to throw £200m plus a year at us.

I know the money invested in NYCFC has been reduced to a trickle.

the cut backs will start at city soon then. just like it did over the road when the Glazers took over.

The long awaited development of Etihad Campus has finally started. :-)

Erection of security hut to main entrance access road (Gate 11) together with alterations to traffic management measures within the site including barriers and the reconfiguration of the parking layout. https://pa.manchester.gov.uk/online...ils.do?keyVal=Q2LNU9BCKHS00&activeTab=summary

36945562-F86-D-4-B28-9819-C0-F8-E61-C97-B4.jpg

399-B8-A6-C-B172-4413-870-A-814370-FE2072.jpg

DDD61-D13-CD10-4698-9183-789-AA774-A17-E.jpg

The long awaited development of Etihad Campus has finally started. :-)

Erection of security hut to main entrance access road (Gate 11) together with alterations to traffic management measures within the site including barriers and the reconfiguration of the parking layout. https://pa.manchester.gov.uk/online...ils.do?keyVal=Q2LNU9BCKHS00&activeTab=summary

36945562-F86-D-4-B28-9819-C0-F8-E61-C97-B4.jpg

399-B8-A6-C-B172-4413-870-A-814370-FE2072.jpg

DDD61-D13-CD10-4698-9183-789-AA774-A17-E.jpg

Well bugger me sideways! Log Flumes, Tiger Racing, a F1 circuit, thousands of pages, a protracted debate on bogs and all we have to show is a new security hut!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.