Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

We need to really get the expansion done while pep is here and the football is as beautiful as it is!
I wholeheartedly agree. This maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity. City have never been more attractive to watch or support but it takes 2 seasons at least to build a stadium. We need to do this asap while we are on the crest of a wave.

I am a bit disappointed that City are being a bit lethargic as we are missing out on a growth opportunity.

Man Utd are getting killed at the moment. Their corporate hospitality market must be getting massacred at the moment and I feckon thousands of their season ticket holders will not renew. 53,000 of them tomorrow have to shell out for a game that most wont want to go too. These supporters will never turn into City fans, but their decline does create room for City to grow. We should be seizing this opportunity.

Ashburys station lovely 25 minutes walk in the rain.

There's a case for a Victoria to Stockport and back service along the line behind the stadium through Ashbury's. Link up the SE of the city to services that don't go out of Piccadilly. Connect the Campus and area to the NW and SE. Maybe it could be a circular service using the Ordsall Curve.

There's a case for a Victoria to Stockport and back service along the line behind the stadium through Ashbury's. Link up the SE of the city to services that don't go out of Piccadilly. Connect the Campus and area to the NW and SE. Maybe it could be a circular service using the Ordsall Curve.
That line doesn't go directly to Stockport unfortunately, from the stadium you have to go north-east first, then east towards Ashton, then south/south-west towards Audenshaw and Reddish South. There's already about 12 trains per hour at the junction that goes over Briscoe Lane so it's fitting in new services that is the headache. The line does run to Sheffield but not sure it would be viable as a regular service.

I still think there just needs to be some multi-storey car parking and some footbridges to allow pedestrians and cars to avoid each other. Shuttle buses from Queens Road (Bury tram line) via the Gateway (Rochdale tram line and train line) via an Alan Turing Way (event day only) bus lane, and a similar one to Ashburys could be used on event days. With the existing Piccadilly to Ashton tram line, this dissipates the crowds nicely in all directions and would be relatively quick and probably cheapest to implement.

I wholeheartedly agree. This maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity. City have never been more attractive to watch or support but it takes 2 seasons at least to build a stadium. We need to do this asap while we are on the crest of a wave.

I am a bit disappointed that City are being a bit lethargic as we are missing out on a growth opportunity.

Man Utd are getting killed at the moment. Their corporate hospitality market must be getting massacred at the moment and I feckon thousands of their season ticket holders will not renew. 53,000 of them tomorrow have to shell out for a game that most wont want to go too. These supporters will never turn into City fans, but their decline does create room for City to grow. We should be seizing this opportunity.

Somebody needs to get over to Abu Dhabi and have a quiet word in Sheikh Mansours ear.

“Listen mate, now is the time to expand the NS”

“If fact, it’s been long overdue”

“Get Pep to extend his contract again, and when it’s announced, announce the NS expansion along side it”

“And release some stunning CGI’s and a CGI flythough video of a NS styled KOP holding 25,000 City fans”

Sheikh Mansour.

“You’re right, jrb”

“Leave it with me, I’ll speak to Khaldoon, Soriano and John (Stemp) in the Morning”

The person at City now in charge of catering, sorry forgot his name, touched on that to me and Trevor(1894) when he did a presentation before a display meeting late last year.

I mentioned Hatch on Oxford Road as an example.

Really nice guy. Very clued up. Had loads of new food and drink ideas he wanted to roll out.

The Heineken Beer carts on the concourses were one of his ideas.

Think there will be quite a few new and exciting ideas and changes to the food and drink offerings over the coming seasons. As well as new areas around the stadium where fans can drink and eat before and after the match.
does he work for the club or the outsource mate? Have definitely seen improvements this season in product and service so fair play to him if he is driving it.

Was thinking something like this myself, Crown Plaza attached by walkway to the SECC , in Glasgow
https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hot...teldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-CP-_-GB-_-GLWCR
The Hydro has attracted even more hotels to that campus. There are now the Crown Plaza, Campanile, Premier Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Village all within 100 yards. The advantage it has over the Etihad just now are the large BBC and ITV campuses on the riverside but I am sure that the new arena will generate at least one or two new hotels.

Somebody needs to get over to Abu Dhabi and have a quiet word in Sheikh Mansours ear.

“Listen mate, now is the time to expand the NS”

“If fact, it’s been long overdue”

“Get Pep to extend his contract again, and when it’s announced, announce the NS expansion along side it”

“And release some stunning CGI’s and a CGI flythough video of a NS styled KOP holding 25,000 City fans”

Sheikh Mansour.

“You’re right, jrb”

“Leave it with me, I’ll speak to Khaldoon, Soriano and John (Stemp) in the Morning”

Yep! if city want to increase match revenue the best way is to have a 65k stadium big matches will sell out and the rest will still see over 50k

Not claiming to be in the know with the NS expansion, but I do think we are delaying it until more is heard about safe-standing, and maybe to see how Spurs new stadium performs economically.

I hear a lot these days about firms wanting to "future-proof", which basically means they don't want to spend millions on something that could be out-of-date, or not fit for purpose, in 5/10 years time. The North Stand is probably our last opportunity to do something different with the stadium that would allow it to be reconfigured, create a home-end, maybe have a micro-brewery or whatever if it proves a success at Spurs.

If we just threw up another carbon copy of the South Stand, which looks like was the original plan, we'd lose this opportunity. I do think we will eventually carry out some work on the East and Bell Stands, but only to "fill in the corners" and possibly to have a new facade that creates a bit more internal space.

So although like everyone else I'm impatient for the NS to be done, it will get done and hopefully will be worth the wait. It wouldn't surprise me if it would incorporate safe-standing, a new larger store, museum, "pub" etc. It's our last chance to do something really iconic with the stadium, which is why I think we're taking our time with it.

49k at Spurs last night. 12k empty seats.

Guess they shouldn’t have built the new stadium due to a lack of demand...

or

Some games just aren’t as popular and there’s no need to panic about it. Granted, Spurs wouldn’t ever get the shit we do in these circumstances and their dark seats don’t stand out quite as much as our bright blues ones, but it just goes to show you don’t have to sell out every game in a 60k+ stadium in order to justify it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.