Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

In about ten days we have sold 53,000 tickets for Madrid home, 3000 tickets for Madrid away, 52,000 tickets for the United semi, and 39,000 tickets for Fulham. At a time when most people are skint after Christmas, can't get time off work, and with a transport system that is the most expensive in Europe and has all but collapsed in North West England. It's amazing really and wouldn't happen anywhere else in the world (except perhaps Germany where tickets and transport are 75 per cent cheaper than here) We should build the North Stand extension as soon as possible.It would be filled for at least 50 per cent of league matches.

That is a good point. No stadium operates on 100% capacity on a consistent basis. As far as i can see we are selling over 90% of the tickets to all but the least appealing games (poor teams / mid weak / cup games etc) and the circa 99% attendances far exceed the sub 80% where there is hardly any of the latter. When you are selling 90%+ of tickets, which we are week in week out then people are limited by choice and you are in the territory where you could clearly sell more with a bigger stadium to most games.

At the Etihad last Week sorting through the 1894 Group banners and flags and taking them to the new flag and banner room.

Grabbed a few quick pictures.

DSC07286.jpg

DSC07287.jpg

DSC07285.jpg
Looks stunning

Speaking to a football coach this morning who's worked on several building projects at The Etihad, and he stated they are building the North Stand in the form of a large Kop stand. It will fan out into the corners.
Now of course, he could be pulling my plonker, but has anybody else heard of these plans?

Speaking to a football coach this morning who's worked on several building projects at The Etihad, and he stated they are building the North Stand in the form of a large Kop stand. It will fan out into the corners.
Now of course, he could be pulling my plonker, but has anybody else heard of these plans?
Talk of a Dortmund/Spurs type wall has featured a fair bit on here. That sounds similar.

I came here to post the BBC headline news: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51443421

Government to confirm fast rail line from London to Crewe. Seems just about relevant to this topic. A shame they couldn't build it all the way to Manchester in stage 1. Is this to be welcomed? Occasionally I here people saying that there are better ways to spend money on the railways, for example more rolling stock. I often travel to City on the Sheffield line and loads of times there's only been two carriages on, and no one can get on by the time the train reaches Romily, Bredbury etc.

Was he a Liverpool fan? "kop" style and all that la

What’s his sauce?

Was he a Liverpool fan? "kop" style and all that la
Kop stands are commonplace around the country (theirs wasn't the first one) and are named after the Battle of Spion Kop in the 2nd Boer War. They nicked their anthem (as did we tbf) but don't let them nick this term as well ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.