Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Now the City Football Group have teamed up with the Oak View Group, I think and expect the development of the Collar site in particular, and the Etihad Campus in general, to speed up.

Marty Edelman, Board Director at City Football Group, commented: "Co-op Live unlocks the potential for the Etihad Campus to grow as an entertainment destination that creates more reasons for the nation and world to visit Manchester.

Just in case anyone hasn’t the short CGI video.

Note the cars traveling down Alan Turing Way.

1623942439800.png

I do, but at this moment we have a 55k stadium we struggle to fill due to prices and difficulty in obtaining tickets, double the capacity, reduce prices , fill the stadium.

Make up the cash with food, merchandise , programs etc.

Our ticket income is a small percentage of our turnover.
We don't struggle to fill it, or we didn't pre covid. That's just not true and a story perpetuated by fans of other clubs.While ticket sales are a small percentage of turnover think about £50 mill they are the difference between a small profit pre covid of maybe £10 mill and losing money.

We don't struggle to fill it, or we didn't pre covid. That's just not true and a story perpetuated by fans of other clubs.While ticket sales are a small percentage of turnover think about £50 mill they are the difference between a small profit pre covid of maybe £10 mill and losing money.
We do struggle to fill it midweek and for lesser games, not from lack of demand but the reality that it's so difficult to obtain tickets for the casual fan.

If there are a area of the ground than could be used on a turn up and pay basis it would be a huge success. Going to a game with a few mates on a casual basis is nigh on impossible.

Not everyone is in a position to get a season ticket, but there are 1000s of people who would love to go to a game on the spur of the moment.

We do struggle to fill it midweek and for lesser games, not from lack of demand but the reality that it's so difficult to obtain tickets for the casual fan.

If there are a area of the ground than could be used on a turn up and pay basis it would be a huge success. Going to a game with a few mates on a casual basis is nigh on impossible.

Not everyone is in a position to get a season ticket, but there are 1000s of people who would love to go to a game on the spur of the moment.
Going to a game with a few mate is impossible, but thats mainly bcause for a league game the matchday tickets are all isolated singles some doubles. That is an issue, but not one of a struggle to fill it ,just the opposite. If we expand some blocks should be ringfenced as matchday only,and not allow s/c relocations to dilute them so groups can get tickets for individual games.

Last edited:

By casual fan , do you mean those who decide to go on a Friday night, would like a nice seat, roll up on the Saturday, pick up a really cheap ticket( without queues)
If so, I know a few who would like that, problem is , if they decided not to go , the ground would be half empty-)

By casual fan , do you mean those who decide to go on a Friday night, would like a nice seat, roll up on the Saturday, pick up a really cheap ticket( without queues)
If so, I know a few who would like that, problem is , if they decided not to go , the ground would be half empty-)
You allocate part of the stadium for the casual fan, we allocate loads for kids and look at the empties there, especialy night matches.

In 2021 you'd think we'd have tickets on sale outside the ground - via machines up until kick off. If Network Rail can do it at train stations - I'm sure City can.... then again...

After going with my dad I had a few years of paying on the gate and meeting up with friends, work mates and my cousin. Sometimes it was a spur of the moment decision, someone would say they were going and I'd turn up. Of course that was before seats and we knew where we would stand. The club could do well in introducing a membership scheme for under 25s and safe standing connected to it. Our fan base is getting older, could be a way of encouraging younger ones. Along with appropriate prices

In 2021 you'd think we'd have tickets on sale outside the ground - via machines up until kick off. If Network Rail can do it at train stations - I'm sure City can.... then again...
No reason why not, but for most games there are very few if any tickets available, usually those that are, are s/c seats put up for resale. So doubt the club really want hundreds turning up on the day most not being able to get tickets and if they can then they aren’t together.
Empty seats at game doesn’t equal seats available for sale if s/c holders haven’t tried to resell their seats on the planner. For example pre covid tickets for all games went on sale mid July, within a day or 2 nearly all the games are impossible to get more than isolated single seats. Only nearer the games a s/c holders put them up or away blocks are returned do more matchday tickets become available.
A few years ago after the south extension there were blocks of matchday seats but with relocations these seats became spread all around the stadium.
If we extend and have another mass relocation then as I’ve said groups of seats need ringfencing for matchday sales.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.