Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I noticed Manchester Giants play at the DW complex near the Trafford Centre these days. Can't see any meaningful numbers wanting to watch a basketball team, but the whole sporting ethos of the campus is fantastic. It would be good to see the next phase of development tie in with a North Stand expansion in the next few years.

The Rags had a basketball team in the 1980s. My cousin was a Utd fan and I used to go with him to matches sometimes. I was at a Utd vs Bournemouth Cup game (1985) when they paraded the basketball team on the pitch before the game started.

The football game that followed was so boring the crowd started chanting for the basketball team to come back...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_Eagles#Manchester_United

That’s perhaps why United signed Lindelof- perhaps he can play basketball- he certainly can’t play football.

I noticed Manchester Giants play at the DW complex near the Trafford Centre these days. Can't see any meaningful numbers wanting to watch a basketball team, but the whole sporting ethos of the campus is fantastic. It would be good to see the next phase of development tie in with a North Stand expansion in the next few years.
Don't know what numbers watch British Basketball but went to my first game at the weekend the BBL final in Glasgow and surprised how much I enjoyed it, speed of movement and passing, not surprised Peps a big fan, I'd definitely go again and if City fans give it a go if we are linked with a Manchester team it may attract new fans and help grow the sport.

Don't know what numbers watch British Basketball but went to my first game at the weekend the BBL final in Glasgow and surprised how much I enjoyed it, speed of movement and passing, not surprised Peps a big fan, I'd definitely go again and if City fans give it a go if we are linked with a Manchester team it may attract new fans and help grow the sport.

Basketball is incredibly skilful and even in lower levels players possess more skill than lower level footballers. Love watching the Giants and would certainly support a city franchise team.

I used to go and watch the Giants around 1996-2000 and we used to get about 9-10000 at the MEN Arena and got the British Basketball record attendance of nearly 15000 once. That’s a good crowd for clubs of either code of rugby. Basketball is the second biggest played sport at youth level in the country.

I used to go and watch the Giants around 1996-2000 and we used to get about 9-10000 at the MEN Arena and got the British Basketball record attendance of nearly 15000 once. That’s a good crowd for clubs of either code of rugby. Basketball is the second biggest played sport at youth level in the country.

Yeah I went to watch them at the Arena and the ice hickey too. It needs to be a realistic size venue otherwise it just isn't viable. Storm get crowds of 2-3000 at Alty

Loudest cheer from the stadium as a while on Sunday was when Dennis tueart came out before the game.

I was sat directly opp south stand in corps and had a good view at how disjointed our support is. I heard one chant started by 1894 that got drowned out by 111 section. Another just petered out. Only thing done in unision was the mock cheering to Chelsea fans when we got a corner

Loudest cheer from the stadium as a while on Sunday was when Dennis tueart came out before the game.

I was sat directly opp south stand in corps and had a good view at how disjointed our support is. I heard one chant started by 1894 that got drowned out by 111 section. Another just petered out. Only thing done in unision was the mock cheering to Chelsea fans when we got a corner

Any North Stand revamp has to create a true home end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.