Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

When's the next City Matters meeting? PB can bring up the state of City Square and find out what the short-term to long-term plans are for it. And if it's due a much needed refurbishment anytime soon? No doubt City will reply with their usual spin and guff, and give little or nothing away.

When's the next City Matters meeting? PB can bring up the state of City Square and find out what the short-term to long-term plans are for it. And if it's due a much needed refurbishment anytime soon? No doubt City will reply with their usual spin and guff, and give little or nothing away.

And the appalling staffing levels and training.

Does the upkeep of the canal have anything to do with City ? Surely that‘s for the MCC to maintain .

The Canals and Rivers Trust are responsible. They rely on donations and memberships via waterways passes for canal boat owners.

Sadly they’re responsible for the maintenance of hundreds and hundreds of miles of waterways and struggle for money.

In general they do a lot of excellent conservation work and deserve cutting a bit of slack

(I’m a keen cyclist and walker, and the Ashton Canal past the Etihad is part of my daily commute too. I’ve spoken to them quite a bit!)

Nowt to do with city that they sell the catering contract and it’s them who train choose the staff..
it's still City's responsibility to ensure the provider is up to scratch and meets the terms of a properly negotiated contract. If the service is bad it's on City for either not enforcing the contract properly or negotiating a shit contract that allows the caterer to take the piss.

it's still City's responsibility to ensure the provider is up to scratch and meets the terms of a properly negotiated contract. If the service is bad it's on City for either not enforcing the contract properly or negotiating a shit contract that allows the caterer to take the piss.

send an email to city about it that’s the only way they’ll get to know it’s shite and always has been! Move in the 93:20 area dogs bollocks there Apparently?!

The Canals and Rivers Trust are responsible. They rely on donations and memberships via waterways passes for canal boat owners.

Sadly they’re responsible for the maintenance of hundreds and hundreds of miles of waterways and struggle for money.

In general they do a lot of excellent conservation work and deserve cutting a bit of slack

(I’m a keen cyclist and walker, and the Ashton Canal past the Etihad is part of my daily commute too. I’ve spoken to them quite a bit!)
It’s a shame that investors are so overly interested in property, because the stretch between Salford Quays and the Etihad Campus is linked by waterways, with the city centre in the middle.

With investors with some real drive and imagination, we could have a great waterway similar to the San Antonio River Walk. The SARW is Texas’ most visited tourist attraction. Yet all we’re getting along Pamona to the West of the city centre and along the canal to the Etihad are the arse end of apartment blocks.

Just imagine a day out at the footy where we can have a nice walk along the Aston Canal with restaurants and bars, and general nicer scenery to walk down than this:
88C7F447-BAF5-4743-A2FF-02F54222167D.jpeg to enjoy on the way there and back…

New Islington Marina is a start, but the stretch goes 1.7 miles until you get to the Etihad from there. So much could be done!

Obviously this isn’t a City thing, the investors could be anyone.

Occasionally you see groups of people, who I assume are all volunteers clearing rubbish from the water and the edges.

It’s a shame that investors are so overly interested in property, because the stretch between Salford Quays and the Etihad Campus is linked by waterways, with the city centre in the middle.

With investors with some real drive and imagination, we could have a great waterway similar to the San Antonio River Walk. The SARW is Texas’ most visited tourist attraction. Yet all we’re getting along Pamona to the West of the city centre and along the canal to the Etihad are the arse end of apartment blocks.

Just imagine a day out at the footy where we can have a nice walk along the Aston Canal with restaurants and bars, and general nicer scenery to walk down than this:
View attachment 24753 to enjoy on the way there and back…

New Islington Marina is a start, but the stretch goes 1.7 miles until you get to the Etihad from there. So much could be done!

Obviously this isn’t a City thing, the investors could be anyone.

Brought back memories of San Antonio , coached there a long time ago.
Somehow could never see A steamy river walk laden with bars and grills happening in Manchester.
Although it has changed drastically for the better over the last few years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.