Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Our club doesn't give a shit about the fans.
I don't agree with that. I think City is a fantastic club that, over the years, has done more for its fans and the local community than most, and that includes going back to my schooldays in the 60s and 70s. We have always done much more for our local community than our rivals in Trafford.
But that doesn't mean our management is perfect and there are still areas off the field which could be improved. My main concern is that I believe the club is missing a trick that would increase matchday revenues, helping us to buy even better players. What happens on the pitch is what matters most to me.

To be fair the beer we sell in our stadium (now worse in paper cups) is staggeringly bad. It is much much worse than the Greenalls (hardly a world-beating pint) we used to get at Maine Road. The food offering (at least in my block 308) is just as bad. I have been to most UK away grounds with City (plus many other stadia) and would say our catering is one of the worst and it has got worse since we moved into the Etihad. It is lower-league level, unlike our magnificent team.
Never beat the mouseburger I got from a stall at the back of the Kippax!

To be fair the beer we sell in our stadium (now worse in paper cups) is staggeringly bad. It is much much worse than the Greenalls (hardly a world-beating pint) we used to get at Maine Road. The food offering (at least in my block 308) is just as bad. I have been to most UK away grounds with City (plus many other stadia) and would say our catering is one of the worst and it has got worse since we moved into the Etihad. It is lower-league level, unlike our magnificent team.

We normally go for lunch or tea in Town before any game( and a few scoops). Next Saturday I have booked Pie and Ale house Lever st. Never been but been told it is ok. Then no.need to drink until a pint on the way back to Piccadilly station..
I do have a small flask, but that is for medicinal purpose.

I don't agree with that. I think City is a fantastic club that, over the years, has done more for its fans and the local community than most, and that includes going back to my schooldays in the 60s and 70s. We have always done much more for our local community than our rivals in Trafford.
But that doesn't mean our management is perfect and there are still areas off the field which could be improved. My main concern is that I believe the club is missing a trick that would increase matchday revenues, helping us to buy even better players. What happens on the pitch is what matters most to me.
There does seem to have been a growing disconnect since Soriano came in. He appears to have allowed his desire to accelerate growth in the global fanbase to come at the expense of ‘legacy fans’, whether pricing and ticketing or the ESL fiasco

Agree , I think once the arena is open as I understand it there will be eating and drinking options built into it alongside the canal, that will be open matchdays, though not sure what happens if there is a clash with arena events. They should give much better pre and post game options hopefully.
View attachment 28526

There will only be a few occasions each year when a match and an event clash. They've been kept to a minimum so local residents don't get pissed off.

Can't remember 100% if the bars along the canal will be open on a matchday. Think they will be.

Last edited:
There will only be a few occasions each year when a match and an event will clash. They've been kept to a minimum so local residents don't get pissed off.

Can't remember 100% if the bars along the canal will be open on a matchday. Think they will be.
Thought the idea was they would be places that were open even when no events were on, haven’t a clue where I got that from though, so maybe wrong.

Thought the idea was they would be places that were open even when no events were on, haven’t a clue where I got that from though, so maybe wrong.

The bars and restaurants in the arena will remain open after the concerts and events have finished.

The different bars and restaurants will be available for private parties and private events when the arena isn't hosting a concert or event

I don't know. But I doubt it very much. It's owned by MCC. It's just had a new running track installed in 2020.

View attachment 28524

https://www.polytan.com/references/regional-athletics-arena-etihad-campus-manchester/

It's used by the community. And has staged national and local athletic events. TBH it's a great asset for Manchester. And it ties in with the Etihad Sports Campus. So I don't think it's going to be demolished or moved to another location any time soon.

Any reason why a 3G pitch can’t be put in the middle of it like Belle Vue?

Does the current grass pitch get used a lot?

More football on a daily and nightly basis can only be good for the area?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.