Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Got my sister tickets for ed sheeran & crowd looked far less than when i saw the stone roses at ours? Going off the pics she sent me?
Didn’t go but from pics it looks like Sheeran was on a small stage in the centre of the pitch - so fans could be in every seat as opposed to standard gig set up where North Stand would be closed as stage is set up in front of it.

I’m sure capacity for all gigs is the sam regardless of stage set up

Didn’t go but from pics it looks like Sheeran was on a small stage in the centre of the pitch - so fans could be in every seat as opposed to standard gig set up where North Stand would be closed as stage is set up in front of it.

I’m sure capacity for all gigs is the sam regardless of stage set up
My sister said before she went that the stage was in the middle of the pitch, i told her thats unlikely? because every gig at ours has the stage at the north stand, i was wrong!!!

What's the betting Bruce Springsteen will be one of the first acts to open the co op arena ?..just a hunch going on the fact he's announced a spring /summer tour of Europe in 23 but is holding back on UK dates , which will be announced at a later date

What's the betting Bruce Springsteen will be one of the first acts to open the co op arena ?..just a hunch going on the fact he's announced a spring /summer tour of Europe in 23 but is holding back on UK dates , which will be announced at a later dates
Slim.

He'll be playing Stadiums not Arenas and the co op arena won't open until 2024

On the tour today and the guide said that the north stand expansion is deffo going ahead after the arena finished (which i already knew) and that a one tier stand isnt being discounted.
Not sure ITK ‘ian’ is or if he just here the rumours same as us
Seems unlikely he would include it as part of the official if it was just his opinion

On the tour today and the guide said that the north stand expansion is deffo going ahead after the arena finished (which i already knew) and that a one tier stand isnt being discounted.
Not sure ITK ‘ian’ is or if he just here the rumours same as us
Seems unlikely he would include it as part of the official if it was just his opinion
If the redevelopment includes a one-tier stand to the north, can anyone explain where those currently sitting in the Second Tier of the North Stand wouldn’t be relocated for a season?

Last edited:
If the redevelopment includes a one-tier stand to the north, can anyone explain where those currently sitting in the Second Tier of the North Stand Wouk’s be relocated for a season?

They could develop the upper section of the stand first similar to the South Stand third tier development and then build the lower part of the stand in the 2nd year. During that 2nd year those in the lower section could be relocated to the upper section before everyone gets shuffled round in the 3rd year. It would mean we don’t lose any major capacity at any point in the development.

7B9CE4DA-3378-4CF3-BA88-5D3B769851D8.jpeg

They could develop the upper section of the stand first similar to the South Stand third tier development and then build the lower part of the stand in the 2nd year. During that 2nd year those in the lower section could be relocated to the upper section before everyone gets shuffled round in the 3rd year. It would mean we don’t lose any major capacity at any point in the development.

View attachment 47429
That would produce a two-tier North Stand.

To build a single tier would require the second tier to be closed for a season. I suspect that a single tier would necessitate the whole of the North Stand to be closed for a season.

It isn’t going to happen!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.