Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

On the tour today and the guide said that the north stand expansion is deffo going ahead after the arena finished (which i already knew) and that a one tier stand isnt being discounted.
Not sure ITK ‘ian’ is or if he just here the rumours same as us
Seems unlikely he would include it as part of the official if it was just his opinion

Cheeseman is now doing stadium tours?

That would produce a two-tier North Stand.

To build a single tier would require the second tier to be closed for a season. I suspect that a single tier would necessitate the whole of the North Stand to be closed for a season.

It isn’t going to happen!
It won't happen but if it did there could still be some fans accommodated like there was when the Kippax was being rebuilt. It was only completely closed for around 2 games.

That would produce a two-tier North Stand.

To build a single tier would require the second tier to be closed for a season. I suspect that a single tier would necessitate the whole of the North Stand to be closed for a season.

It isn’t going to happen!

That’s not what I’m saying.

I’m saying a single tier stand is possible without losing capacity if they built it over 2 seasons. Build the top part of the single tier stand first in season 1 and then build the bottom half of the stand second in season 2. During that second phase while the bottom part of the single tier is being constructed they could move fans to the newly built top part of the stand.

simpsons-mr-thompson-i-think-hes-talking-to-you.gif

Last edited:
That’s not what I’m saying.

I’m saying a single tier stand is possible without losing capacity if they built it over 2 seasons. Build the top part of the single tier stand first in season 1 and then build the bottom half of the stand second in season 2. During that second phase while the bottom part of the single tier is being constructed they could move fans to the newly built top part of the stand.

simpsons-mr-thompson-i-think-hes-talking-to-you.gif
It won't happen but if it did there could still be some fans accommodated like there was when the Kippax was being rebuilt. It was only completely closed for around 2 games.
My mates an architect and according to him no chance of building a one tier stand as the configuration would be impossible to fit in with the wire continary of the current ground that supports the roof ! I haven't a clue but he said you only have to look at the south stand extention will still has the roof support from the original stand running across it !

My mates an architect and according to him no chance of building a one tier stand as the configuration would be impossible to fit in with the wire continary of the current ground that supports the roof ! I haven't a clue but he said you only have to look at the south stand extention will still has the roof support from the original stand running across it !
I would imagine anything is possible in architecture and engineering if you want it to be

The cable net runs under the South stand does it not? It doesn't support the South stand roof at all and regardless of 1,2 or 3 tiers, the North stand roof won't be any different. They could duplicate the South stand and leave the cable net supporting the E & W roofs but it restricts the height of the S stand due to line of sight. I can see them replacing the E & W roofs at the same time as expanding the N stand so they can finally remove the entire cable net system. That may explain the delay as much as anything.

If things keep on going as they are economically the cost of constructing an expanded or new North Stand in 3 years time after the Coop Live Arena is build will have rocketed.

City could and should have expanded the North Stand 3 years ago. I appreciate hindsight is a wonderful thing, and the football business has many twists and turns on and off the pitch, but we've still got Pep (hopefully he'll renew his contract again?), Haaland, the Coop Arena will be finished in 2 years time, and we would have also had a 60,000+ capacity Etihad with a proper North Stand home end for the fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.