Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

The old mercedes garage would make a perfect station and car park
i beleive this line can loop back toward victoria.
With the regeneration and the indoor arena it make sense to have a main station

I think the lack of green space in Manchester is an issue. We are missing a big park/ something similar
Pomona Docks was our opportunity to do something special but the council and developers decided on more apartments and the one's near the Castlefield end look like they were designed by a 12 year old (no offence to 12 year old architects). The Councils approve all these apartment blocks with the developer saying 500 flats 10 car park spaces needed and when finished all the roads are over crowded with cars being parked.

Pomona Docks was our opportunity to do something special but the council and developers decided on more apartments and the one's near the Castlefield end look like they were designed by a 12 year old (no offence to 12 year old architects). The Councils approve all these apartment blocks with the developer saying 500 flats 10 car park spaces needed and when finished all the roads are over crowded with cars being parked.
Developers also frequently say things like 500 flats, 10% social housing on the plans submitted and approved.
By the time of finishing, this has changed to 510 flats, 10 (number) social housing… and the council still signs it off.

Developers also frequently say things like 500 flats, 10% social housing on the plans submitted and approved.
By the time of finishing, this has changed to 510 flats, 10 (number) social housing… and the council still signs it off.
They also go as far to say "won't make a profit if do it" and therefore get let off, don't know if the council go back and check their books and take a contribution if the developers forecasts were under egged

They also go as far to say "won't make a profit if do it" and therefore get let off, don't know if the council go back and check their books and take a contribution if the developers forecasts were under egged
I think from what I’ve heard, each estate is done under a separate company, so if the council goes after them , they just fold that single company - having got the money by selling the properties already, and passed it via accounting measures to the real company in control.

The above might be bullshit, but it’s been stuck in my head for 30 years, after a conversation with someone who moved onto a new estate. And I think I may have read it multiple times in PE

I think from what I’ve heard, each estate is done under a separate company, so if the council goes after them , they just fold that single company - having got the money by selling the properties already, and passed it via accounting measures to the real company in control.

The above might be bullshit, but it’s been stuck in my head for 30 years, after a conversation with someone who moved onto a new estate. And I think I may have read it multiple times in PE
No that happens a consequence of limited liability. Also of interest are the loans these big developers get from the council doubt much smaller operators get them they have to rely on the banks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.