Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Just as Twosips was looking forward to restful times for himself and his wife,Now he has the bother of getting Ruben a ticket,Life doesn’t get easier when raising a family.PS Best wishes to the three of you.And good health.

Amazing news mate, thanks for sharing. Very much looking forward to seeing the proposals. The footprint of the stadium is just going to get bigger and bigger but there's a huge opportunity to create a really good environment in and around the ground as a result. I'm sure the side stands will be expanded in the future - probably with a view to adding some additional capacity but also improving the premium hospitality offering as well and at that point we'll have a really attractive external wrap around the building. There are plenty of ideas out there from other clubs for us to learn from, but we're in safe hands with our owners when it comes to construction projects. I believe the Bernabeu originally had plans for a hotel in the facade of one of the stands, but think they may have been scrapped as things evolved. They even talked of a shopping mall within part of the ground as well as bars/restaurants and an expanded museum tour to bring people to the stadium year round. Externally landscaped areas are being provided which look really nice - less need for shelter over there unless you're ginger mind!

I hope we do get an expanded 2nd tier. Logistically I just struggle to see how they could do that without having to close the current 2nd tier for a period. They'd clearly build up and behind the current NS as they did with the SS and as Liverpool have done with their expansion. It's the best way to minimise disruption. But tying into an existing stand rather than creating a new one causes a few more challenges - you wouldn't have very long to make that connection and get it completed before fans are back again. I guess they could fence off areas until completed and still use the stand, but we shall see.

Exciting times though.
No reason why they couldn’t build behind the extended second tier during the season and join the two structures over the summer

Yes. We'll start to see traction on this in the new year.

The main issue right now is finding a workforce that can build the stand. Apparently, the arena construction has been delayed due to a shortage of workers. There are also tons of other developments going on around Manchester that amplify the issue.
What a time to be in that workforce. Hope theyre cashing in

Merc Garage site.

So far.

City have bought it.
City are buying it.
City aren't buying it.
It's lease is up for sale. Posted the sale lease PDF.
Kickair have bought it.(think it was them)

Needs clarification.
Always thought it looked a bit incongruous, given the neighbourhood it was located in. It'd be more suited to the leafy Cheshire suburbs, places like Mere, Alderley Edge, Prestbury, Mottram St Andrew etc etc.

Always thought it looked a bit incongruous, given the neighbourhood it was located in. It'd be more suited to the leafy Cheshire suburbs, places like Mere, Alderley Edge, Prestbury, Mottram St Andrew etc etc.

Lada dealership incoming..

Amazing news mate, thanks for sharing. Very much looking forward to seeing the proposals. The footprint of the stadium is just going to get bigger and bigger but there's a huge opportunity to create a really good environment in and around the ground as a result. I'm sure the side stands will be expanded in the future - probably with a view to adding some additional capacity but also improving the premium hospitality offering as well and at that point we'll have a really attractive external wrap around the building. There are plenty of ideas out there from other clubs for us to learn from, but we're in safe hands with our owners when it comes to construction projects. I believe the Bernabeu originally had plans for a hotel in the facade of one of the stands, but think they may have been scrapped as things evolved. They even talked of a shopping mall within part of the ground as well as bars/restaurants and an expanded museum tour to bring people to the stadium year round. Externally landscaped areas are being provided which look really nice - less need for shelter over there unless you're ginger mind!

I hope we do get an expanded 2nd tier. Logistically I just struggle to see how they could do that without having to close the current 2nd tier for a period. They'd clearly build up and behind the current NS as they did with the SS and as Liverpool have done with their expansion. It's the best way to minimise disruption. But tying into an existing stand rather than creating a new one causes a few more challenges - you wouldn't have very long to make that connection and get it completed before fans are back again. I guess they could fence off areas until completed and still use the stand, but we shall see.

Exciting times though.

Liverpool are expanding the Anfield Road stand without closing the 1st and 2nd tiers.

Slightly off topic. I took the pictures when I went to the game.

Liverpool are adding an extra 6000 seats.

If City go to 60,000, an extra 8000 (safe standing) seats will be added. Ideally City will go bigger. 65,000 would be good, adding 13,000 extra (safe standing) seats.

12 pictures. Taken in order, but haven't uploaded in order.

PXL-20221016-150850118-MP.jpg

PXL-20221016-150152622-MP.jpg

PXL-20221016-150216371-MP.jpg

PXL-20221016-150227996-MP.jpg

PXL-20221016-150544450-MP.jpg

PXL-20221016-150614122-MP.jpg

PXL-20221016-150650817-MP.jpg

PXL-20221016-150723440-MP.jpg

PXL-20221016-150909711-MP.jpg

PXL-20221016-150940036-MP.jpg

PXL-20221016-151222133-MP.jpg

PXL-20221016-151308390-MP.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.