Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Yes. We'll start to see traction on this in the new year.

The main issue right now is finding a workforce that can build the stand. Apparently, the arena construction has been delayed due to a shortage of workers. There are also tons of other developments going on around Manchester that amplify the issue.

We might end up seeing design plans before the end of this season then. Fingers crossed.

From the club....

City are hoping to start the groundwork on the NS expansion this summer.

Work can begin while the arena is still under construction.

It will not be a 1 tier kop. The club want to extend back from level 2 to create a huge atmospheric end, but depending on planning permission and costs would fall back on a SS replica with three tiers.

They will build a hotel into the stand, which would extend right back into City square and also include the club shop.

City are also procuring the old Mercedes garage, but I'm not aware of what the plans are for that site yet.

I’m hoping that we end up with a large second tier. It’s the only chance we have of having a proper home end. Can you not push the club on it ;)

Last edited:
I’m hoping that we end with a large second tier. It’s the only chance we have of having a proper home end. Can you not push the club on it ;)
The people I deal with at City are completely behind the idea of an atmospheric end. They don't need pushing on it. They will consider the logistical impact and to a lesser extent the financial impact of either two or three tiers though.

They do not want to close a stand while it's constructed (which is why the 1 tier option was ruled out quite quickly).

The people I deal with at City are completely behind the idea of an atmospheric end. They don't need pushing on it. They will consider the logistical impact and to a lesser extent the financial impact of either two or three tiers though.

They do not want to close a stand while it's constructed (which is why the 1 tier option was ruled out quite quickly).
This is how I see it, they just can't fit everyone in around the stadium for nearly 2 years if they have to close the NS completely. At the very best it would mean virtually no matchday ticket sales. Maybe those that really want it could offer to suspend their season tickets during the build, but there'd certainly not be enough volunteers.

I think a two-tier stand will be mighty impressive if that's what we end up with, but personally I'm okay with a mirror of the South Stand if that's what it has to be.

what not to like with your post. At least we know now it’s getting built and will make an already impressive stadium into something else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.