Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Looking at this profile of the South Stand third tier, we could fit in a single tier stand at the northern end by building it at the the same angle. It would then work within the restrictions of the cable net. I don’t think it would be too close to the pitch either. It would look absolutely monstrous.

View attachment 13312
I did some mockups using an aerial shot of the South Stand (from the pitch) to show the options available for 'big ends'

As Per South Stand - three separate tiers
NewSS1.jpg

Adjusting the rake and front/back position to merge tiers 2 and 3
singletiernorthstand23.jpg

Full merge of all three tiers for one giant wall, but tier 2 seating would not align with the sides
singletiernorthstand123.jpg

Personally I can only see the tier 2/3 merge working

I did some mockups using an aerial shot of the South Stand (from the pitch) to show the options available for 'big ends'

As Per South Stand - three separate tiers
View attachment 15395

Adjusting the rake and front/back position to merge tiers 2 and 3
View attachment 15396

Full merge of all three tiers for one giant wall, but tier 2 seating would not align with the sides
View attachment 15397

Personally I can only see the tier 2/3 merge working

that single end is a thing of beauty!!!!!

It'd be a nightmare trying to get out, a bit like the top of the old Kippax when they blocked to stairs next to the away fans off.

Many a game my feet didn't touch the floor for 20 yards or so.

Wow, had that very thought the other day when we were discussing the Villa Park semi final. I was in the top of the Holt End and I hardly touched a single step in the crush down the staircase!

That’s clearly the reason there is a ‘pinch-point’ in South Stand 3. Double doors onto the staircase, there’s never a crush on the way down.

That’s clearly the reason there is a ‘pinch-point’ in South Stand 3. Double doors onto the staircase, there’s never a crush on the way down.
The sad events in Israel this week show how important it is to manage potential crush risks on narrow stairs/slopes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.