Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I’m not arsed whether the club put more Corporate seats in or not. But I do have a little bit of knowledge on how the hospitality side at City works and the club knows there is defo more opportunity to increase revenue. It’s why they are making changes on L2 this Summer with Kits. The Ardwick, Managers corner and the offsite offerings have shown there is big demand at this level of pricing.

Basing your assumption on a few empty seats for lesser games is nonsense.

The bottom line is our match day income is too low compared to our rivals. Having more corporate options will only help City keep season card prices down - or stop them culling the number of season tickets sold each year.

More corporate options will also drive any plans for North Stand redevelopment - whether it be on that stand or other areas which allows supporters to move.

I fully accept the club and Soriano want more corporate seats and corporate spectators. They want to squeeze as much out of them as possible, even at the expense of normal match going fans who will buy a season ticket and a few pints.

City haven’t got the global fan base or fan base wealth that our main rivals have. Yes, our support has grown in the UK and around the World over the last decade, but we’ve still got a predominantly local fan base for PL matches. The CL is a different matter. All you need to do is listen to the Mancunian accents of a PL matchday. That isn’t the case at United or Liverpool where the majority of accents are foreign, not Mancunian or Scouse.

I’d wager with anyone, even the bods at City, that an extra 10,000 City fans in an expanded NS will bring in more revenue than a new or expanded corporate area/s.

Maybe the time isn’t right yet, even though Platinum, Gold, and Silver season tickets have sold out, but City need to start concentrating more on our local support and getting those missing and new fans into the ground.

Corporate won’t make any difference to a planned North Stand expansion. The revenue from corporate alone makes up a small fraction of City’s total revenue.

As for the Ardwick, etc. City make more money in alcohol sales on the L1 concourses.

We'll never catch United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs up on match day revenues. Our fan base is completely different. We might get closer, that's about it. I'd rather see a 50% increase in City fans that have given up going and have been priced out over the last x amount of years.
Never say never.

I'll give you one statement in answer to this.

"Not in my lifetime."

And where will these mythical returning fans be accommodated? You want to cut prices and remove hospitality with no apparent increase in the numbers attending. Brilliant economics that is!

Who said I wanted to remove hospitality? I didn’t say that. As for reduced ticket prices, they work for FA Cup, Carabao Cup, and CL group stage matches. It’s been shown time and again that if City reduce ticket prices, which they have done, more City fans buy them and go to the match. That also applies to the cup schemes, which now have a greater take up. Fans save money on tickets, and they are guaranteed a later stage cup match ticket. It’s all about incentivising our fan base. £60 for a ticket against Brentford on Wednesday night isn’t going to do that.

I fully accept the club and Soriano want more corporate seats and corporate spectators. They want to squeeze as much out of them as possible, even at the expense of normal match going fans who will buy a season ticket and a few pints.

City haven’t got the global fan base or fan base wealth that our main rivals have. Yes, our support has grown in the UK and around the World over the last decade, but we’ve still got a predominantly local fan base for PL matches. The CL is a different matter. All you need to do is listen to the Mancunian accents of a PL matchday. That isn’t the case at United or Liverpool where the majority of accents are foreign, not Mancunian or Scouse.

I’d wager with anyone, even the bods at City, that an extra 10,000 City fans in an expanded NS will bring in more revenue than a new or expanded corporate area/s.

Maybe the time isn’t right yet, even though Platinum, Gold, and Silver season tickets have sold out, but City need to start concentrating more on our local support and getting those missing and new fans into the ground.

Corporate won’t make any difference to a planned North Stand expansion. The revenue from corporate alone makes up a small fraction of City’s total revenue.

As for the Ardwick, etc. City make more money in alcohol sales on the L1 concourses.
Think the North stand extension will be nearer 6000 extra than 10,000. I’d expect about 4- 5000 of those to be extra s/c tickets with some relocating from other areas, maybe newer premium / corporate areas ( these are very different things) and new fans I don’t think there will be any issue selling them. The rest matchday tickets, will sell.
I drive up and down the M6 for games and the increase in younger families and children going to the games is quite noticeable this post covid season, I guess its the same from other directions.
There will still be empty seats but few unsold seats for most league games.

Never say never.

I'll give you one statement in answer to this.

"Not in my lifetime."
Very good.

You might be right of course, but as you say, not in my lifetime, and I’m 52. :-(

With United looking to expand OT, the Scousers are expanding Anfield again with mostly matchday tickets sales, Arsenal and Spurs have bigger stadiums and charge more for their tickets and corporate areas, even though Chelsea have a smaller ground, they also charge more for tickets and corporate areas.(stand corrected on that)

City’s revenue growth has mainly come from TV money, prize money, and sponsorship money. Our match day incoming, which City have invested in, and which has grown, still only makes up a small percentage of City’s overall yearly revenue.

Last edited:
Think the North stand extension will be nearer 6000 extra than 10,000. I’d expect about 4- 5000 of those to be extra s/c tickets with some relocating from other areas, maybe newer premium / corporate areas ( these are very different things) and new fans I don’t think there will be any issue selling them. The rest matchday tickets, will sell.
I drive up and down the M6 for games and the increase in younger families and children going to the games is quite noticeable this post covid season, I guess its the same from other directions.
There will still be empty seats but few unsold seats for most league games.

I just plucked that number out of thin air. Doubt very much that anyone outside of the club knows the exact figure and what is planned for the North Stand. I just hope what is planned for the North Stand is right as it will be the clubs last opportunity to make a proper home end for the fans, be it a single or larger double tiered North Stand. I’m more than happy with a larger double tiered North Stand, even though I have constantly championed a single tiered North Stand.

Going back to the Family Stand. I have never had a problem with the Family Stand. We were all there once. The Kids are our future support, so they need to be accommodated and looked after.

Thanks and no worries. Some family stand season card holders would move out anyway if it was 2 tier and the lower tier was safe standing.

Just an idea. Relocate the family stand to the corners of L1, or better, to the bottom corners of an expanded level 2. I’m sure the kids would love the view from the bottom of L2, as well as joining in with the singing, noise, and atmosphere coming up from L1.

I’m just banding about ideas like most of us have done and are still doing. I’m sure City already know what they are going to do with the North Stand, including the Family Stand. We’ll probably find out in a few years time.

Great post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.