Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

The other problem is that most of the media are too young to remember the era of Bobby Charlton so their knowledge is gleaned from a sepia-tinted version of the past which bears no grip on reality. In Charlton's later years United were on a severe decline ending in their relegation in 1974. The idea that Charlton, no doubt an iconic figure, is England's greatest player is just rubbish. His figures don't really stack up. At the age of 23 Phil Foden has already won twice as many major trophies (12) as Charlton (5 for United and one WC). Not saying Charlton wasn't a good player but never a great in my view.
Yep, just another myth. Hit and hope Bobby, his words not mine.

Did the stadium tour yesterday as I wanted to experience the tunnel club and find out a few things about the new development progress . Even though I know the stadium like the back of my hand I had brilliant day , the tunnel club experience was truly fantastic and just walking down those steps onto the pitch then sitting in peps seat etc just mind blowing. Sat in the city changing room and our tour guide explained City have the smallest first team squad ever under pep just 22 players . The changing room is designed for 25 players and there are 3 vacant spaces . Lastly you need a capacity of at least 60,000 to host the CL final , City are hoping for the 2028 CL final with our new 63,000 capacity we were told !

Making the city attractive is bad?

I've no doubt not everything is perfect or improved, but "far from a good thing" feels a little extreme.

It was for me personally. I felt an outsider in the centre the past few years. It's no longer 'my city'. I felt less and less inclined to go into it unless necessary. Hey ho, things change and move on I get that. You either accept and live with it, or get out. I got out.

Did the stadium tour yesterday as I wanted to experience the tunnel club and find out a few things about the new development progress . Even though I know the stadium like the back of my hand I had brilliant day , the tunnel club experience was truly fantastic and just walking down those steps onto the pitch then sitting in peps seat etc just mind blowing. Sat in the city changing room and our tour guide explained City have the smallest first team squad ever under pep just 22 players . The changing room is designed for 25 players and there are 3 vacant spaces . Lastly you need a capacity of at least 60,000 to host the CL final , City are hoping for the 2028 CL final with our new 63,000 capacity we were told !

Taking the kids on the tour tomorrow, really looking forward to it.

Guessing there's opportunity for photos with the trophies, even if just replicas?

It was for me personally. I felt an outsider in the centre the past few years. It's no longer 'my city'. I felt less and less inclined to go into it unless necessary. Hey ho, things change and move on I get that. You either accept and live with it, or get out. I got out.

Yeah fair enough. Sounds like you've had the right approach to it though. I guess I've always lived on the outskirts so maybe notice some of the changes less than others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.