Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I’m an SCS, have worked in the civil service for about 6 years, the 15 years prior to that I worked in the Big4 Accountancy practices, I was a Director when I left.

I took an approximate 70% pay cut to come into a senior civil service role. These days I’m around 40% on what I took home 6 years ago. My pension is average, these golden civil service pensions haven’t been a reality in 20+ years apart from in the mind of the obvious newspapers.

I moved for my own personal reasons around being able to occasionally see the kids and be part of their upbringing. I’m not badly paid, I’m not complaining about my wages as I do ok - but to pretend that senior civil service wages are in any way comparable with the private sector is ludicrous. Pay scales per grade are readily available and published annually, there’s no great conspiracy to hide them either.
This probably proves what I've been saying. You made a lifestyle choice to do a less demanding job but with that comes a cut in salary?

What has the last two pages private sector/public sector waffle got to do with the Stadium/Campus development? Even jrbs pictures of a machine drilling a hole or a prefabed concrete wall are better then that

:-)

As many of you know, over the years I’ve taken pictures of soil, mud, wasteland, concrete pillars, walls, etc. Which to the untrained eye is frankly boring. But there’s always a reason to take such pictures. Here’s an example.

WTF?

A porta-cabin wall.

1637500020512.jpeg

A couple of weeks later.

1637500686251.jpeg

Utilities have been connected to the port-cabin, which means work onsite is due to start soon. So the excitement can begin in ernest.(bar seeing a piling rig onsite)

Downing Living, Co-Living, First Street. Onsite early next year. The 45 story tower is going up first.

1637500409273.jpeg

Back to topic.

Going to get some pictures of the arena site today. Not done an update for a few weeks, so there should be some visible changes.

:-)

As many of you know, over the years I have taken pictures of soil, mud, wasteland, concrete pillars, walls, etc. Which to the untrained eye is frankly boring. But there’s always a reason to take such pictures. Here’s an example.

WTF?

A porta-cabin wall.

View attachment 30308

A couple of weeks later.

Utilities have been connected to the port-cabi, which means work onsite is due to start soon. So the excitement can begin.

Downing Living, Co-Living, First Street. Onsite early next year. The 45 story tower us going up first.

View attachment 30310

Back to topic.

Going to get some pictures of the arena site today. Not done an update for a few weeks, so there should be some visible changes.

Are we flying a flag at half-mast for OGS today ?

Now.

I'll post the other pictures later on.

PXL-20211125-115617079-PANO-2.jpg

Maybe one for the City Matters group, but please can we change the row labelling system from letters to numbers?

Cup games in particular I spend the first 10 mins of every game explaining to confused people that there is a difference between (for example) row L and row LL. Same thing with N and NN etc. I don't think you would have that confusion if they were labelled row 12 and row 38.

Appreciate it seems petty but it spoils the beginning of every cup game for me and those around me. I sit on the end of the aisle and have to help them because they just hover and block my view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.