Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

MATCITY said:
strongbowholic said:
Is it just me or in a couple of the photos from JRB is there a sign by the canal which says Kippax Street?
Its on the brige pub on clayton lane
Ah, cheers mate. Thought I was seeing things!

Just seen this on the MEN, haven't seen it on this thread I don't think.

Could an announcement about their plans be in the offing I wonder? Especially given the reference to the Etihad being a "365 day-a-year destination".

Amaze PR has scored a Premier League account to promote Manchester City's Etihad Stadium to potential visitors.

The Manchester agency won a six-way competitive pitch for a programme of promotional activity, including raising awareness of the club’s two most premium hospitality suites.

The newly named Connell Club will replace the club’s fine dining Boardroom offer, while The Mancunian will be overhauled to become a new, stylish setting celebrating Manchester music and people.

Amaze, which has offices in Manchester and London, will deliver a number of other projects to publicise the Etihad Stadium, bringing it into line with the stature of the Club.

Amaze PR Director Sandra McDowell said: “This is a fantastic win for us – it will be a pleasure working for a brand with such a strong heritage in Manchester and one that is forward-thinking both on and off the pitch.

“We’re looking forward to using our expertise in PR and brand engagement to drive awareness of the Etihad Stadium as an innovative 365 day-a-year event destination.”

Justice Ellis, marketing manager at Manchester City FC, said: “We conducted a thorough pitch process, and the standard of submissions was incredibly high, but when it came down to it, Amaze were best at demonstrating their understanding of our brand.

“That, along with and their creativity and passion really made the team stand out.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/business/media/s/1584616_amaze-wins-premier-league-account-to-promote-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... ester-city</a>

Quote:
including the ownership of mineral rights on the site.

Can you imagine Platini's face, Sheik Mansour buys up City, ploughs 100m into building academy and suddenly finds he is sitting on a couple of billion barrels of oil. In the real world of course more likely to find traces of every nasty chemical under the sun and given that there are old mine workings I suppose Coal, you never know when it may come back in fashion and valuable. Open a shaft take tourists on an excursion of a coal mine. :-)

You might think this a stupid question
I'm a Manchester blue living in Scotland ghetto about 6 games a year. Is the tram to the stadium now up and running?

pb1951 said:
I'm a Manchester blue living in Scotland ghetto about 6 games a year. Is the tram to the stadium now up and running?
Do your Scottish friends know you call it a ghetto?

flipmode said:
Just seen this on the MEN, haven't seen it on this thread I don't think.

Could an announcement about their plans be in the offing I wonder? Especially given the reference to the Etihad being a "365 day-a-year destination".

Amaze PR has scored a Premier League account to promote Manchester City's Etihad Stadium to potential visitors.

The Manchester agency won a six-way competitive pitch for a programme of promotional activity, including raising awareness of the club’s two most premium hospitality suites.

The newly named Connell Club will replace the club’s fine dining Boardroom offer, while The Mancunian will be overhauled to become a new, stylish setting celebrating Manchester music and people.

Amaze, which has offices in Manchester and London, will deliver a number of other projects to publicise the Etihad Stadium, bringing it into line with the stature of the Club.

Amaze PR Director Sandra McDowell said: “This is a fantastic win for us – it will be a pleasure working for a brand with such a strong heritage in Manchester and one that is forward-thinking both on and off the pitch.

“We’re looking forward to using our expertise in PR and brand engagement to drive awareness of the Etihad Stadium as an innovative 365 day-a-year event destination.”

Justice Ellis, marketing manager at Manchester City FC, said: “We conducted a thorough pitch process, and the standard of submissions was incredibly high, but when it came down to it, Amaze were best at demonstrating their understanding of our brand.

“That, along with and their creativity and passion really made the team stand out.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/business/media/s/1584616_amaze-wins-premier-league-account-to-promote-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... ester-city</a>

sounds like the name of a sheriff in a dodgy western film.

pb1951 said:
No. The line, and the stop is ready. I think some testing has been done. A "parallel line" out to Oldham have been opened

Heard a couple of excuses:
1) Tram Management Computer System needs to be fixed
2) Shortage of drivers and trams

It may open during mid-season

If you want more info have a look at the metrolink extension thread on here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=969

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQlGRBVDVlo[/youtube]

Own up... who did this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.