Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

ste.sully said:
somapop said:
..and there's a new PDF plan floating around the ether at the moment - confirms all the architects/partners on board for the training complex with (I presume) an image that hasn't been shown before?
I posted a PDF on the Manchester forum of Skyscrapercity. Document shows a 3D rendered image of the training academy and lists the parties involved in the design & construction of the academy.

Lead architect: Vinoly Architects (London)
Associate architect: AEDAS (Manchester)
Development manager: Ask Developments (Manchester)
Structural engineer: Capita Symonds
Bridge: Schlaich Bergermann (New York)
Environmental engineer: BDP (Manchester)
Landscape: Planit (Altrincham)
Contractor: BAM Construction

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.publicaccess.manchester.gov.uk/associateddocs/selecteddoc.aspx?097342-dpp-0005.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.publicaccess.manchester.gov. ... p-0005.pdf</a>

That's the one - cheers Ste.

Vinoly's involvement is a tad unusual as the training complex is, as others say, nowt special architecturally.

It is designed in a far more utilitarian manner than I expect and in truth is, in lookds nothing more than OK really.

Logic suggests that Vinoly has his name associated with because he is the lead architect for the areas masterplan and not all details of every element.

I suspect there is a rather large plan we have not yet seen that will look and feel very much more like a Vinoly project.

It will surely include the stadium and collar site development, but also additional land we are still buying as well as co-developed peripheral elements such as housing and roads etc.

Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

fbloke said:
Vinoly's involvement is a tad unusual as the training complex is, as others say, nowt special architecturally.

It is designed in a far more utilitarian manner than I expect and in truth is, in lookds nothing more than OK really.

Logic suggests that Vinoly has his name associated with because he is the lead architect for the areas masterplan and not all details of every element.

I suspect there is a rather large plan we have not yet seen that will look and feel very much more like a Vinoly project.

It will surely include the stadium and collar site development, but also additional land we are still buying as well as co-developed peripheral elements such as housing and roads etc.

I hope your right fbloke! Exciting times ahead for east Manchester and mcfc

maybe the "Stadium" news we've been waiting for will follow the appointment of a Chief Exec

Marvin said:
maybe the "Stadium" news we've been waiting for will follow the appointment of a Chief Exec

It will be a while for the announcement on the stadium. I will update the thread when I now something concrete but my gut feeling is the end of the season. It's worth the wait

GXCity said:
Marvin said:

It will be a while for the announcement on the stadium. I will update the thread when I now something concrete but my gut feeling is the end of the season. It's worth the wait

If it's the end of the season before anything is announced, then presumably there's no hope of work beginning on the stadium during the summer of 2013 given the time the planning process will take.

Is the 'collar site' tied to a similar timescale, or could there be an announcement regarding that part of the development at an earlier stage?

petrusha said:
GXCity said:
Marvin said:

If it's the end of the season before anything is announced, then presumably there's no hope of work beginning on the stadium during the summer of 2013 given the time the planning process will take.

Is the 'collar site' tied to a similar timescale, or could there be an announcement regarding that part of the development at an earlier stage?

As things currently stand you are looking at a 3 - 4 year timescale for the stadium redevelopment to be complete. Collar site will follow on from the stadium, although hopefully it will run concurrently for a while to reduce the project timeline.

GXCity said:
As things currently stand you are looking at a 3 - 4 year timescale for the stadium redevelopment to be complete. Collar site will follow on from the stadium, although hopefully it will run concurrently for a while to reduce the project timeline.

Thanks. Makes sense to do as much of it concurrently as possible, I guess.

Very much looking forward to having some news, anyway.

GXCity said:
Marvin said:

With all due respect, people have been saying "I expect a stadium announcement at the end of the season" for the last three seasons, and there's no more evidence to suggest it will happen now than there was then. People are letting their overanticipation and overexcitement over what is nothing more than an assumption that changes to the stadium will be made consume them and this debate - I really think we all need to stop predicting and adopt a "it happens when it happens" attitude. Every time people predict a stadium announcement and it doesn't happen, the disappointment generated gets closer and closer to upset and even anger - I really worry that we're creating such a big myth with such a great following that when the actual announcement comes out - which I personally predict won't happen for another 3-5 years minimum - then we'll have worked ourselves up to such a degree that if the announcement doesn't match expectations (and those expectations are steadily becoming ever more elaborate) that it will actually be unacceptable to many of us here.

Yeah, I know, I'm a worrier, but I already see the disappointment in this thread and I have seen the signs that it's turning into unrest...

tl;dr - Can we please stop bigging up the supposed stadium announcement, as I fear the term "setting ourselves up for a fall" is becoming ever more accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.