Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

Take the roof off and we can go as high as we want, we may get wet while it happens though.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
DiscoSteve said:
dennistueartismyhero said:
Bernard Halford did a quick Q&A session at our branch on Monday evening and he confirmed that a structural assessment of a future expansion had been undertaken which had concluded that the ground could be extended to 60,000 ( i think) without the loss of any current seating during the works.

Well if Wolves can do it at their stadium last year I don't see why we can't if we solve the roof issue

Before they started
24cgsq0.jpg

During the season
wolves-new-north-stand-jan2012.jpg

Completed(-ish)
8zo7wn.jpg

Also, am attempting to make my "6,000 seat stuck on mockup of the north stand" pictures from seven gazillion pages back be more curvy and presentable, so watch this space ;-)

2nd pic, how do you see in that new corner with the roof of the other stand in the way?

You don't see!

AtiJXqlCEAEEjuf.jpg

wolfie1988 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
DiscoSteve said:
Well if Wolves can do it at their stadium last year I don't see why we can't if we solve the roof issue

Before they started
24cgsq0.jpg

During the season
wolves-new-north-stand-jan2012.jpg

Completed(-ish)
8zo7wn.jpg

Also, am attempting to make my "6,000 seat stuck on mockup of the north stand" pictures from seven gazillion pages back be more curvy and presentable, so watch this space ;-)

2nd pic, how do you see in that new corner with the roof of the other stand in the way?

You don't see!

AtiJXqlCEAEEjuf.jpg

what are they trying to build, Anfield?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
wolfie1988 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

You don't see!

AtiJXqlCEAEEjuf.jpg

Surely they will be doing something to that roof so that you can see. Judging by the way the new roof is formed they plan to change that stand also

jonmcity said:
Take the roof off and we can go as high as we want, we may get wet while it happens though.

We don't need to take the roof off or affect its structure. The internal tensioning ring doesn't need to be touched while the extensions are being built.

People have posted pictures of this being in place during the Commonwealth games. I don't even think they would need to close the 2nd tiers as all the construction work would be behind the stands.

That's the best seats at Wolves. those up there still think they have a good team.

The roof reminds me of the great big post that blocked our view in the family stand at Maine Road. We just had to guess what was happening. A mistake like that in a modern build is crazy though. (It will be a good view when the get round to doing all the stands but I wouldn't like sitting there till its done.)

BoyBlue_1985 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
wolfie1988 said:
You don't see!

AtiJXqlCEAEEjuf.jpg

Surely they will be doing something to that roof so that you can see. Judging by the way the new roof is formed they plan to change that stand also

Yh I know they're planning stuff, I was just jesting.

GXCity said:
jonmcity said:

We don't need to take the roof off or affect its structure. The internal tensioning ring doesn't need to be touched while the extensions are being built.

People have posted pictures of this being in place during the Commonwealth games. I don't even think they would need to close the 2nd tiers as all the construction work would be behind the stands.

Correct for 60k but when we want to go to 80 or 90k the roof will need to go.

simonmdm said:
The roof reminds me of the great big post that blocked our view in the family stand at Maine Road. We just had to guess what was happening. A mistake like that in a modern build is crazy though.
I dont think its a mistake, I think they will be changing that other stand in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.