Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

jonmcity said:
GXCity said:
jonmcity said:
Take the roof off and we can go as high as we want, we may get wet while it happens though.

We don't need to take the roof off or affect its structure. The internal tensioning ring doesn't need to be touched while the extensions are being built.

People have posted pictures of this being in place during the Commonwealth games. I don't even think they would need to close the 2nd tiers as all the construction work would be behind the stands.

Correct for 60k but when we want to go to 80 or 90k the roof will need to go.

Correct but that isn't the plan at the moment.

With the current extensions plan the option to extend further is possible when required. This has been at the forefront of all of the different options presented to AD.

In fact I am just looking at it now and I suspect that the roof could stay as it is and you could still join the extended north and south stands with the thrid tiers on the east and CB. Not sure you would get up to 90k but 80/75k looks achievable to me with the current roof structure.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
what are they trying to build, Anfield?

Surely they will be doing something to that roof so that you can see. Judging by the way the new roof is formed they plan to change that stand also

Yh I know they're planning stuff, I was just jesting.

They're planning stuff but it very much remains on hold until they get Premier League status back!

GXCity said:
jonmcity said:
GXCity said:
We don't need to take the roof off or affect its structure. The internal tensioning ring doesn't need to be touched while the extensions are being built.

People have posted pictures of this being in place during the Commonwealth games. I don't even think they would need to close the 2nd tiers as all the construction work would be behind the stands.

With the current extensions plan the option to extend further is possible when required. This has been at the forefront of all of the different options presented to AD.

In fact I am just looking at it now and I suspect that the roof could stay as it is and you could still join the extended north and south stands with the thrid tiers on the east and CB. Not sure you would get up to 90k but 80/75k looks achievable to me with the current roof structure.

Go on GX....open a few tinnies, swig a yard of mulled wine, a dash of Islay Single Malt...then come back and scan those pics in front of you to PDF format...please :)

somapop said:
GXCity said:
jonmcity said:

Go on GX....open a few tinnies, swig a yard of mulled wine, a dash of Islay Single Malt...then come back and scan those pics in front of you to PDF format...please :)

Nearly did the other night after the Spurs game!!

GXCity said:
somapop said:
GXCity said:

Nearly did the other night after the Spurs game!!

Let's hope we do well tonight then....go on - get them cooling in the fridge (or if you have 'artisan' beers, gently nestle them in a basket of organic, smoked hay)...I look forward to some Jpegs at approx 10pm :) *rubs hands together and awaits 'ferrari world stadium images* :)

GXCity said:
jonmcity said:
Take the roof off and we can go as high as we want, we may get wet while it happens though.

I think you need to consider this carefully, look at the stadium in plan view and observe how the roof support primary structure works. The cablenet is supported by the posts and ties that are mounted someway behind the building, this would make construction around very difficult there will also be a building site in place and this leads to difficulties ensuring safety for spectators in the existing structure. Look also at the space behind the south stand up to the road. If the current roof is left in place how and when is it removed in the build process? The games situation was entirely different as the cablenet system was in place and the temporary stand was erected behind it as the space require for the field events was greater than would have been possible with a complete north stand in situ. Ive studied this problem and even created CAD models so Im intrigued as to how the roof will be solved and looking forward to the plans being unveiled

simonmdm said:
The roof reminds me of the great big post that blocked our view in the family stand at Maine Road. We just had to guess what was happening. A mistake like that in a modern build is crazy though. (It will be a good view when the get round to doing all the stands but I wouldn't like sitting there till its done.)

eh, what do you mean a mistake. they're hardly going to build a new stand around an existing roof line, leaving a big wedge shape out so no one gets a restricted view are they. is it not obvious the adjacent stand is going to be rebuilt to marry up to the new one?

Awwww.... c'mon GX...

This is how Molyneux going to end up
molineux-plans-607394139.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.