Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

toffee balls said:
hello , are you listening.....

that is a sectional drawing and it is the SOUTH STAND.
Look on the right side on how the roof slopes.

What I was alluding to , if that section is correct which it appears to be , is in essence a bit of a simple infill and certainly nowhere near the half of the 12 K extra seats thet we have been assuming

Sorry to shout but try reading my post , I have been in and around contruction for well over 30 years

rant over for now

Sorry if im being a bit thick here, but if the drawing is of the south stand, then surely it shows a third tier added, which seems to be a lot more than a 'bit of a simple fill' ?

Daz_Blue said:
https://twitter.com/TheRealFbloke/status/355024785962565632/photo/1

Going up ..... sorry if posted

I'm only tweeting JRB's pics mate.

gazbaz said:
toffee balls said:
hello , are you listening.....

that is a sectional drawing and it is the SOUTH STAND.
Look on the right side on how the roof slopes.

What I was alluding to , if that section is correct which it appears to be , is in essence a bit of a simple infill and certainly nowhere near the half of the 12 K extra seats thet we have been assuming

Sorry to shout but try reading my post , I have been in and around contruction for well over 30 years

rant over for now

Sorry if im being a bit thick here, but if the drawing is of the south stand, then surely it shows a third tier added, which seems to be a lot more than a 'bit of a simple fill' ?
That's what I thought. Looks like a drawing of one of the existing 3 tier stands with additional seats in the corner of the 3rd tier where the screens are. But Toffee Balls sounds like he knows what he's talking about

Difficult to say whether the diagram is the East or South stand, but if it is the South Stand then what do people think they will do regarding the placement of the big screens?

I sense that they would have installed larger and better screens already had it not been for the imminent expansion - if memory serves they were very generously bought by Wardle out of his own pocket?

Not to criticize the current arrangement, but from the way the match day entertainment is moving (and also concerts) I would imagine the new screens would feature very prominently in any new design, possibly along the lines of Wembley.

jrb said:
Can I just add. I'm not trying to push my views about this onto anyone. If nothing else it's worthy of a discussion until we get to see what's inside the public display portacabin.

I've now uploaded all the pictures onto the computer. Either today or tomorrow morningI will upload and post all the training academy pictures.

Going back to the diagram. I've circled the 2 points of interest that makes me think this is a genuine diagram of how the South Stand will look from inside the stadium.

Click to enlarge. X2.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/lw3KZRp.jpg[/bigimg]

1. The smaller red circle. Note the cables are visible through the vents or are on the inside of the vents/stadium?
They are the just the cables on the top of the last spiral, so OUTSIDE
jrb said:
2. The larger red circle. Note the tapered and longer seating configuration that eventually leads to the enlarged 3rd tier.
3. Note in the diagram how far the dual exits are away from the end of the stand, compared to the dual exits on the 3rd tiers of the Colin Bell and East Stand. Picture below.
Those will be additional boxes I think in the corners where the current corner seating is
There are already stairways up to the third tier in place - you use them to get to the small set of seating currently in the corners - I assume they're just going to use them to get down to the second tier and then onwards down to ground via existing stairways

I have to say I'm quote pleased with how close this is to my offering of three years ago...
[bigimg]http://stevenicklin.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/COMS60EW~0.jpg[/bigimg]

It looks to me like

Like the stadium is going to "carry on" seats the level of seats from 322 to 209

Manchester-city-Etihad-Stadium-Seating-Plan.jpg

Which would tie in with the image shown in the survey that was sent out while ago.

That should be 12 or 13 blocks.

If anyone knows how many rows there are in the smallest point of 322 and 308 we should be able to see if the 6k figure was accurate

some more from a couple of years ago - this one was bang on :-)
[bigimg]http://stevenicklin.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/COMS55EW~0.jpg[/bigimg]
note many rows on this one...
[bigimg]http://stevenicklin.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/COMS55NSPlan~0.jpg[/bigimg]

Where we they from mate.

Very underwhelming really

will be lucky to add 6k by doing both ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.