Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

jrb said:
somapop said:
They're a watertight outfit...can't seem them prematurely spurting out the details on the back of a portacabin...

I take your point Somapop.

However, it's a basic diagram of a/the stand. TBH it gives absolutely nothing away design wise, apart from the additional 3rd tier and how it's configured.

As I noted before, I don't remember the cable/roof supports being like that currently.

At least the public display will be open 7 days a week

I'm sure we''ll find out sooner or later.

Is that not a drawing of the East or the Colin Bell stand? Rather than the South stand?

Right then , I will have a go before the big hitters get on this thread.

" Look what's coming" hoardings are very popular now and it looks like that is what they are.
That appears to be a longitudinal section on a line through the penalty spot and it is the south stand.
No alterations to the roof masts which is confusing as a full new tier would require new spiral ramps and therefore we will not be changing the roof.
In summary , if that is a correct detail , we are filling in the corners losing the pitch ventilation grilles , losing at least part of the Legends lounge to accomodate more 3rd tier seating to the rear.

Overall , this is a straight forward infill to get in more seats but no way near the £6 k we were expecting.

not my fault! said:
jrb said:
somapop said:
They're a watertight outfit...can't seem them prematurely spurting out the details on the back of a portacabin...

I take your point Somapop.

However, it's a basic diagram of a/the stand. TBH it gives absolutely nothing away design wise, apart from the additional 3rd tier and how it's configured.

As I noted before, I don't remember the cable/roof supports being like that currently.

At least the public display will be open 7 days a week

I'm sure we''ll find out sooner or later.

Is that not a drawing of the East or the Colin Bell stand? Rather than the South stand?

That's what I thought

hello , are you listening.....

that is a sectional drawing and it is the SOUTH STAND.
Look on the right side on how the roof slopes.

What I was alluding to , if that section is correct which it appears to be , is in essence a bit of a simple infill and certainly nowhere near the half of the 12 K extra seats thet we have been assuming

Sorry to shout but try reading my post , I have been in and around contruction for well over 30 years

rant over for now

jrb said:
Got there in the end. Lol! Picture of the camera LCD screen showing the diagram, taken with my mobile phone camera. Apologies for the quality. Sat in a car park in town.

As stated, I stand corrected. I'll leave it up to you lot to decide.

[bigimg]http://imgur.com/DmfHO2B.jpeg[/bigimg]

...although it does look like that picture was taken back in the 70's...or at least 'hipstered' up JRB...

The 3 tier stand you see on the drawing IS the east stand. The small cross-sectional (slice) on the right hand side is what looks to be a small additional 3rd tier, and essentially what will be the "expansion". Granted, not as spectacular as most had hoped but perhaps 2,000 - 2,500 extra seats if only the south stand is done. As Toffee says, this extra seating looks like it sweeps up and joins onto the third tier of the east stand (where the "sky" box and scoreboard currently reside) and also blocks the ventilation panels too.

I can't imagine this type of work taking a huge amount of time or money, and it should be possible with the minimum of interruption. It begs the question: will they do the north stand at the same time? Is the 6,000 additional capacity a result of 2 x 3,000 seat expansions? OK, that's two questions, but I only thought of the 2nd one after I typed the 1st!

Can I just add. I'm not trying to push my views about this onto anyone. If nothing else it's worthy of a discussion until we get to see what's inside the public display portacabin.

I've now uploaded all the pictures onto the computer. Either today or tomorrow morningI will upload and post all the training academy pictures.

Going back to the diagram. I've circled the 2 points of interest that makes me think this is a genuine diagram of how the South Stand will look from inside the stadium.

Click to enlarge. X2.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/lw3KZRp.jpg[/bigimg]

1. The smaller red circle. Note the cables are visible through the vents or are on the inside of the vents/stadium?
2. The larger red circle. Note the tapered and longer seating configuration that eventually leads to the enlarged 3rd tier.
3. Note in the diagram how far the dual exits are away from the end of the stand, compared to the dual exits on the 3rd tiers of the Colin Bell and East Stand. Picture below.

Click the image to enlarge. X2 As a comparison.

[bigimg]http://www.limitedimages.com/USERIMAGES/DSC02890.JPG[/bigimg]

I'll upload some more pictures of the public display portacabin in a bit.

If I'm wrong I'll hold my hands up. :-)

That is a view looking onto the seats in the CB stand, the section through the north stand, to me at least, appears to be taken more or less in line with the touch line though.

I can't help but feel a bit deflated.

I'm sorry I should know better but this seems to dismiss any capacity for future proofing our rise to the top of european football and if I am honest , I am completey underwhelmed.

I say all that with a heavy heart....

back to the Bale Negredo thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.